Nokia car mount and 1520?

Zim Aliman

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
The holder looks good. It sits neatly on the dashboard and windshield (I’ve used it both ways). until next galaxy note 3 and ipad mini 2 I can see phone screen clearly so it helps see incoming phone and messages. It can turn 360 degrees and best part is that you can install the MONTAR car mount with one hand and release it quickly.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Won't we need a high power wireless charger for Lumia 1520? This charger designed for small 2000Mh battery will take ages to charge a Lumia 1520

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting on ProClips USA to release a 1520 bracket. I have the car bracket already and they usually have a permanent charger model and a regular model.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I am considering this car mount. It is inexpensive and has received good user reviews. It can accommodate tablets up to 10", so I wouldn't have to worry about what kind of case I get.

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Universal Windshield and Dash Mount for Smartphones, GPS, and Tablets including iPhone and Samsung Galaxy: GPS & Navigation

I recently upgraded to a 1520 and am in serious need of a dash mount. Did you ever purchase this mount? If so, did it work out for you? Could you please provide pics if possible? Thanks!

Javadevil

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Aaaah just the thread I was looking for.
I'm waiting for my 1520 to turn up and was wondering which car cradle to get.
I see the pro clip is available now, has anyone got one yet ? If so how are they ?

PROCLIP

The Nokia one, whats the suction cap like ? does it have enough suction to stick to the dash or only the window ? Not sure if I like the cable going to the cigarette power, but its a cheaper option.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Aaaah just the thread I was looking for.
I'm waiting for my 1520 to turn up and was wondering which car cradle to get.
I see the pro clip is available now, has anyone got one yet ? If so how are they ?

PROCLIP

The Nokia one, whats the suction cap like ? does it have enough suction to stick to the dash or only the window ? Not sure if I like the cable going to the cigarette power, but its a cheaper option.
Both myself and a buddy from work have the ProClip USA holder-and-mount for the 1520. It's a snug fit and is definitely not compatible with any cases (and most body-protecting films).

By using the Nokia CP-623 case, it's easy to slip the phone out of the case and then drop it into the ProClip USA holder.

The ProClip mount portion is vehicle-specific but the one for the Dodge Dart and the one for the Toyota Prius are both solid and sturdy. The holder portion will occasionally need a screwdriver to tighten up the pivot screw every now-and-then.

Overall, the entire unit is awesome and definitely a 'recommended buy' from me. ;)

flapadlr

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Arkon SM614 Universal Smartphone and Midsize Tablet Windshield Dashboard Car Mount fits All Apple iPhone and Android Smartphones

This is the mount I went with for my 1520 and its incredible. This mount is a beast and holds the phone perfectly. It will hold your 1520 no matter what case you have because its made to also hold mid-size tablets. If anyone is interested I could take some photos and a short video.

$17.95 and Prime on Amazon. Probably will buy that. Thanks!

Javadevil

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I wonder about the Pro cradles position . It will most likely be lower down the dash which might make it harder to use for Navigation. But I do like that its permanently fixed and doesn't look like a after thought.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I wonder about the Pro cradles position . It will most likely be lower down the dash which might make it harder to use for Navigation. But I do like that its permanently fixed and doesn't look like a after thought.

The thing with the pro cradles is that the part that attaches to the car has different options, I have one for my car(never got round to using it) and there was a choice of 3 to pick from, 2 for up high mounted to either centre or side air vent and the other was for down low where near the gear stick/shifter. Obviously it depends on what car you have but for my car(Land Rover Discovery 4) there was 3 options and the same options were available for my other car which is a VW CC

Javadevil

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
@Will6371 Thanks, I'll look into them a bit more.
I just read the rest of the thread and having to take the case off would frustrate the hell out of me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo