11-29-2013 03:29 AM
    The holder looks good. It sits neatly on the dashboard and windshield (I’ve used it both ways). until next galaxy note 3 and ipad mini 2 I can see phone screen clearly so it helps see incoming phone and messages. It can turn 360 degrees and best part is that you can install the MONTAR car mount with one hand and release it quickly.
    11-29-2013 04:16 AM
    Won't we need a high power wireless charger for Lumia 1520? This charger designed for small 2000Mh battery will take ages to charge a Lumia 1520
    11-29-2013 06:08 AM
    There will be an updated version, marked CR-201 from the beginning of 2014 that will fit with 1520.
    GSOgymrat likes this.
    11-29-2013 05:11 PM
    I'm waiting on ProClips USA to release a 1520 bracket. I have the car bracket already and they usually have a permanent charger model and a regular model.
    drbanks likes this.
    11-29-2013 05:53 PM
    It's a tight fit, but it does fit as shown in the WPC review of the 1520:

Nokia Lumia 1520 Review | Windows Phone Central
    11-29-2013 06:30 PM
    I am considering this car mount. It is inexpensive and has received good user reviews. It can accommodate tablets up to 10", so I wouldn't have to worry about what kind of case I get.

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Universal Windshield and Dash Mount for Smartphones, GPS, and Tablets including iPhone and Samsung Galaxy: GPS & Navigation
    philharmonik likes this.
    11-29-2013 07:20 PM
    I am considering this car mount. It is inexpensive and has received good user reviews. It can accommodate tablets up to 10", so I wouldn't have to worry about what kind of case I get.

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Universal Windshield and Dash Mount for Smartphones, GPS, and Tablets including iPhone and Samsung Galaxy: GPS & Navigation
    I recently upgraded to a 1520 and am in serious need of a dash mount. Did you ever purchase this mount? If so, did it work out for you? Could you please provide pics if possible? Thanks!
    05-14-2014 10:51 AM
    I bought two of these today, hoping the 1520 will fit.....says the Note does....good deal on them if it does work:

Aduro U-GRIP Plus Universal Dashboard Windshield Car Mount | Staples®
    05-14-2014 01:03 PM
    I have been using these from ProClip and love them!! iOauto Pro
    05-14-2014 01:06 PM
    Aaaah just the thread I was looking for.
    I'm waiting for my 1520 to turn up and was wondering which car cradle to get.
    I see the pro clip is available now, has anyone got one yet ? If so how are they ?

PROCLIP

The Nokia one, whats the suction cap like ? does it have enough suction to stick to the dash or only the window ? Not sure if I like the cable going to the cigarette power, but its a cheaper option.
    06-24-2014 08:20 PM
    If your 1520 has qi Nokia makes a car cradle with qi charging. But you have to get version 2 (it was made wider for 1520's).
    06-24-2014 08:38 PM
    Yea if you get version 2 it was redone to fit a 1520
    06-24-2014 08:39 PM
    Aaaah just the thread I was looking for.
    I'm waiting for my 1520 to turn up and was wondering which car cradle to get.
    I see the pro clip is available now, has anyone got one yet ? If so how are they ?

PROCLIP

The Nokia one, whats the suction cap like ? does it have enough suction to stick to the dash or only the window ? Not sure if I like the cable going to the cigarette power, but its a cheaper option.
    Both myself and a buddy from work have the ProClip USA holder-and-mount for the 1520. It's a snug fit and is definitely not compatible with any cases (and most body-protecting films).

By using the Nokia CP-623 case, it's easy to slip the phone out of the case and then drop it into the ProClip USA holder.

The ProClip mount portion is vehicle-specific but the one for the Dodge Dart and the one for the Toyota Prius are both solid and sturdy. The holder portion will occasionally need a screwdriver to tighten up the pivot screw every now-and-then.

Overall, the entire unit is awesome and definitely a 'recommended buy' from me. ;)
    06-24-2014 10:27 PM
    Arkon SM614 Universal Smartphone and Midsize Tablet Windshield Dashboard Car Mount fits All Apple iPhone and Android Smartphones

This is the mount I went with for my 1520 and its incredible. This mount is a beast and holds the phone perfectly. It will hold your 1520 no matter what case you have because its made to also hold mid-size tablets. If anyone is interested I could take some photos and a short video.
    flapadlr likes this.
    06-25-2014 10:06 AM
    Arkon SM614 Universal Smartphone and Midsize Tablet Windshield Dashboard Car Mount fits All Apple iPhone and Android Smartphones

This is the mount I went with for my 1520 and its incredible. This mount is a beast and holds the phone perfectly. It will hold your 1520 no matter what case you have because its made to also hold mid-size tablets. If anyone is interested I could take some photos and a short video.

$17.95 and Prime on Amazon. Probably will buy that. Thanks!
    06-25-2014 03:44 PM
    Thanks, I wonder about the Pro cradles position . It will most likely be lower down the dash which might make it harder to use for Navigation. But I do like that its permanently fixed and doesn't look like a after thought.
    06-28-2014 07:54 PM
    Thanks, I wonder about the Pro cradles position . It will most likely be lower down the dash which might make it harder to use for Navigation. But I do like that its permanently fixed and doesn't look like a after thought.
    The thing with the pro cradles is that the part that attaches to the car has different options, I have one for my car(never got round to using it) and there was a choice of 3 to pick from, 2 for up high mounted to either centre or side air vent and the other was for down low where near the gear stick/shifter. Obviously it depends on what car you have but for my car(Land Rover Discovery 4) there was 3 options and the same options were available for my other car which is a VW CC
    06-29-2014 04:42 AM
    @Will6371 Thanks, I'll look into them a bit more.
    I just read the rest of the thread and having to take the case off would frustrate the hell out of me.
    06-29-2014 06:48 PM
    This case fits my 1520 and I have a hard case also.
    iOttie One Touch XL Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder for Amazon Fire Phone and Galaxy S5/S4/Note3/Note 2 (HLCRIO101)

Here is a link to the Amazon page I purchased mine, Amazon.com: iOttie One Touch XL Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder for Amazon Fire Phone and Galaxy S5/S4/Note3/Note 2 (HLCRIO101): Cell Phones & Accessories

Hope this helps.
    06-29-2014 11:35 PM
    Got it, used it, it works perfectly. Very stable. I mounted it on the windshield. Thanks again!
    07-10-2014 02:23 PM
    I originally got this one which held onto my 1520 just fine but the suction didn't work on my dashboard and I didn't want to stick a suction pad down either. I just ended up using it in another car attached to my windshield. To it's credit we've had some hot days and it has fallen yet.

Amazon.com: Arkon Windshield or Dashboard Sticky Suction Car Mount for Amazon Fire iPhone 5 iPhone 5C 5S Samsung Galaxy S5 Note 3 Nexus 5: Cell Phones & Accessories

I ended up with this simple one which can accomodate up to 6.3in phablets and just hangs on my vent. I do end up losing a vent but at least it cools down my phone when I use it for navigation purposes.

Amazon.com: Air Vent Cell Phone Mount - Universal Car Holder - 360 Degree Rotation - Great Design - Easy To Use - Portable - Fits most types of Mobiles - Smartphones - Apple iPhone 5 - Samsung - HTC - Blackberry - Nokia - Improves Driver Visibility -
    07-10-2014 04:02 PM