Unlocked 32GB yellow Lumia 1520 from Hong Kong to UK

ArcticUK

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I have never taken such a risk* before (it feels like it is) but frustrated by not being able to get an unlocked yellow Lumia 1520 on launch day here in the UK, I have resorted to eBay!

I would have paid Carphone Warehouse ?600 if they'd sold yellow ones from the get-go, so the price isn't that important personally but is ?499 with free delivery (although I expect a ?50 - ?70 HM Customs charge). I paid via PayPal and to my surprise found ?30 credit on there. So all in all, if the phone turns out to be perfect, I will be very happy.

The seller is based in Hong Kong and called mobile-tone-uk with a 98.7% satisfaction rating out of 14,190 items of feedback.

They estimate delivery between 4 and 6 December, although I would be surprised at that - although plenty of people leaving feedback praise the speedy delivery time.

*will it somehow be a different spec from a genuine UK purchase? UK charger?

Here is the link (more than 10 available if you're as brave/foolish as me!)

I'll keep you posted! :sweaty:

nosmo_king1

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Unlocked mobiles state stock on the yellow on 18h december. Ive ordered with them.(no doubt stock wont arrive on that date i suspect)

Personally i wouldn't order via ebay...especially from abroad, but im sure you will be fine as you paid via paypal.

the only problem i see is if something goes wrong with it, as it wasn't bought in Europe I'm not sure if the warranty would be covered here? Or you have to send it back to be fixed......could take weeks!

Jeffrey Santos

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
what's up with this seller? he won't sell ship his items to the Philippines, why? We are like, less than an hour away from Hong Kong... shame.

i really want this phone soon!

ArcticUK

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I am now the proud owner of a yellow Nokia Lumia 1520! :)

It arrived yesterday and I have to say...so far, so good. Really speedy DHL delivery as only ordered it on Sunday. Customs charge was ?55.

Maybe I wasn't quite so crazy after all?

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I am now the proud owner of a yellow Nokia Lumia 1520! :)

It arrived yesterday and I have to say...so far, so good. Really speedy DHL delivery as only ordered it on Sunday. Customs charge was ?55.

Maybe I wasn't quite so crazy after all?

Does the LTE bands for it work fine in the UK? Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of LTE with the international version in the US.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans