MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Starting today I'm getting a SIM error on my phone - it's just the simple message of it being missing or invalid and I can only make emergency calls if my mobile operator supports it.

While I found this thread, (http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8x/251892-best-fix-htc-8x-sim-error.html) and I'll try this, I figured I'd ask - anyone getting this error on their 1520?

I also had my playlists disappear and my songs still be on my card but only show up in the "songs" category of xbox music on my phone....why.......

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Have no advice about playlists except turn OFF connection with Xbox and turn OFF Xbox music collection, that seems to fix most music problems.

Even a new SIM can be bad, try removing it and reinstalling and if that doesn't work have your carriers "reconnect" to that SIM
( you need to call them) if that doesn't work get a new SIM -if new they will just send you one or stop by an AT&T store and pick one up.

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I took out the sim, blew into the port and put it back in and it seems to be working again, but my music is messed up again. It's the damndest thing - the only artist or album that shows up is "unknown artist" (for which I have a few songs) but when I swipe over to songs all the songs are there.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I took out the sim, blew into the port and put it back in and it seems to be working again, but my music is messed up again. It's the damndest thing - the only artist or album that shows up is "unknown artist" (for which I have a few songs) but when I swipe over to songs all the songs are there.

It seems to be a problem when it's connected to Xbox.

Drew Led

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Lumina 1520 not reading the sim card. I've had the phone for almost a year now. Rebooting or removing the card worked for a few hours then I'd get the error message again. Now it doesn't work at all after reboots. Brought it to the store, got a new sim card, worked for half a day then got the error message again that night. I'm afraid it might be my phone.

Gladg

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Did anyone find a fix for this? I'm having the same issue of SIM missing or invalid, even though the SIM works fine on other phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720