Just Ordered my Red 1520

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the choice of all colors, even Yellow. It was a chore not picking black, I already know I'll get the business from my two coworkers who are diehard blackberry users. Best news is that i'd thought id have to give up my 920 because I'm only 1 year into my contract. So I dropped the insurance because I'll have my 920 to fall back on and that the insurance was $125 to replace a phone if something happened to it. It was also a tough choice to not pick the 1020 as well. I plan on getting, at minimum, a 16gb SD card but really want to max it out with a 64gb one.

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Oops sorry, just saw the post above about shipped 1520's. I posted this from my 920 and hadn't had alot of exposure to this forum while doing this from my phone. I got free fast shipping 2-4 business days, at&t ordered over the phone.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I hope you'll enjoy your new toy! I know I'm really enjoying mine. The battery life is great for me. I've been getting through the entire day with 50-60% battery life left at night when I connect it to the charger.

Hopefully, size won't be an issue for you, as a few users have had concerns or issues with that aspect. I haven't had any problems with holding the phone to my ear for a call (and I'm female).

My friends at work have teased me a little, though. Some have referred to it as my "Helen Keller phone" because of its size, but they all have iPhones. I prefer to think that they're just jealous, lol.

I find this phone to be fast, smooth, and the display is great! I haven't gotten around to taking pictures yet, but the ones I've seen on this forum have looked great.

Again, enjoy!

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Att says its shipped. I have a shipping tracking number too. My Amzer Pudding case, pen, and 2.1amp car charger are on the way as well. Btw .. cyber Monday deal at amzer is everything 50% off. I spent $18 which included the shiping cost. I'm stoked

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I hope you'll enjoy your new toy! I know I'm really enjoying mine. The battery life is great for me. I've been getting through the entire day with 50-60% battery life left at night when I connect it to the charger.

Hopefully, size won't be an issue for you, as a few users have had concerns or issues with that aspect. I haven't had any problems with holding the phone to my ear for a call (and I'm female).

My friends at work have teased me a little, though. Some have referred to it as my "Helen Keller phone" because of its size, but they all have iPhones. I prefer to think that they're just jealous, lol.

I find this phone to be fast, smooth, and the display is great! I haven't gotten around to taking pictures yet, but the ones I've seen on this forum have looked great.

Again, enjoy!

I make fun of iPhone users for their teeny tiny phones :smile:

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Talk about a kid wanting Christmas right Now. My Santa Tracker says the phone is at my local facility ... accessories (case, pen, auto charger) are still in TX at USPS.

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't you know it, I was at a client today that's not even a mile from my house, leave there to come up to the office, check my email and BAM a notification that my Nokia Lumia Red 1520 is sitting on my doorstep at home. the rest of the day at the office is SHOT. lol

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't you know it, I was at a client today that's not even a mile from my house, leave there to come up to the office, check my email and BAM a notification that my Nokia Lumia Red 1520 is sitting on my doorstep at home. the rest of the day at the office is SHOT. lol

That sucks. lol

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
love it so far. put a 16gb micro sd card in that I had here at the house. I will get a 64gb Class 10 one though. asking for that for Christmas.
the screen is stunning. I haven't had any problems that others have talked about yet. I certainly will put it through its paces before the next 14 days are up.
Obviously I'll deal with it, but my one complaint, if it is a complaint, would be the buttons on the side seem thin and not as nice as on the 920's. I find myself searching for them.

DEEBS808

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered a Black one. Thought hard and long and it was between the Black and Yellow for me.I really wanted the Yellow as it is one of my favorite colors. But Black prevailed lol

DaSurfa

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Ordered red last week Wednesday since yellow is sold out from att.
A week later I'm still waiting for it. Called att and they don't even have answer to why my order is still in processing.
Damn you att hurry up already!

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
well, my volume of while using any Music apps is all the way up and the volume button doesn't work to lower the sound. did a factory reset with no luck. called AT&T last night. taking the phone to the repair center to exchange it. I asked the AT&T rep if he was SURE they would have phones for replacement and he said YES... the nearest Corporate store didn't have any for me to exchange so, we will see..

mofoliar

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
i just got an lumia 1520 coming got off Ebay... looking forward to it... Havent used a windows phone since HTC Wings (S730) old school, so will be learning curve im sure coming from Long Time Android user... Phone Junkie!!

DaSurfa

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Tired of waiting almost 2 weeks for att to ship my red 1520, so I called and canceled order.
Went straight to Fry's and walked out with red for $79.
On top of that Fry's only adds sales tax onto the sale price and not the stupid full retail price.
In the end, I ended up paying $86.47 for everything!

DEEBS808

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Went to my local att and traded my black one for a red one. Love it more than the black one bit less than the yellow. I want a yellow lmao.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99