No puremotion display lumia 1520

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Any proof it doesn't have it?
OP might be inferring that it doesn't because the Nokia specifications page for the 1520 doesn't mention it while the page for the 920 does. Of course, the same page doesn't mention a pixel density for the 1520, but I'm fairly sure that it has one. :wink:

Here's how Nokia describes the "Display Technology" for the 920:
ClearBlack
Corning? Gorilla? Glass 2
HD IPS
High brightness mode
LCD transmissive
Lumia Color profile
Luminance 600 NITS
Nokia Glance screen
Pixel Density 332 PPI
Puremotion HD+
RGB Stripe

Here's how Nokia describes the "Display Technology" for the 1520:
Corning? Gorilla? Glass 2
High brightness mode
IPS, ClearBlack
Lumia Color profile
Luminance 600 NITS
Nokia Glance screen

Apoorvdec

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
In the specs of 920 puremotion hd+ as well as refresh rate 60hz is mentioned,but in the specs of 1520 only refresh rate 60hz is mentioned

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
In the specs of 920 puremotion hd+ as well as refresh rate 60hz is mentioned,but in the specs of 1520 only refresh rate 60hz is mentioned

Let me Bing that for you:
PureMotion HD+ - Nokia

PureMotion HD+ is essentially:
1) Smoother motion for on screen content (60 Hz refresh rate)
2) Brighter display in sunlight
3) High pixel density
4) Supersensitive touch

With the 1520, you get:
1) 60 Hz refresh rate
2) Assertive Display (Assertive Display | Apical)
3) Higher pixel density than the 920 (368 ppi against 920's 332), not to mention a FULL HD display
4) Supersentive touch

In conclusion, you can ***** and moan about Nokia not going with Puremotion display, but the fact is that the 1520 has one of the best screens on any phone right now.

Apoorvdec

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hy hipporama ... Guys at nokia are very smart .... So if according to u lumia 1520 has everythings dats on puremotion display then why are they not mentioning it !!????

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hy hipporama ... Guys at nokia are very smart .... So if according to u lumia 1520 has everythings dats on puremotion display then why are they not mentioning it !!????

Omg who cares. It's like how Apple calls everything iSight, iCloud, iThis, iThat, and Samsung with sThing and sDongle, its a fricken name. At the end of the day, it is a screen. You know the specs, Nokia could just be dropping the bull**** and telling you straight up what they are offering.

elyod

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The way I understood it was that puremotion was developed by Nokia, while the assertive display technology was developed elsewhere which is why it is not puremotion.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
Nokia phone are stronger enough to be called as diamond.. Do we call them diamonds??? No

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Sledgehamma

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Let me Bing that for you:
PureMotion HD+ - Nokia

PureMotion HD+ is essentially:
1) Smoother motion for on screen content (60 Hz refresh rate)
2) Brighter display in sunlight
3) High pixel density
4) Supersensitive touch

With the 1520, you get:
1) 60 Hz refresh rate
2) Assertive Display (Assertive Display | Apical)
3) Higher pixel density than the 920 (368 ppi against 920's 332), not to mention a FULL HD display
4) Supersentive touch

In conclusion, you can ***** and moan about Nokia not going with Puremotion display, but the fact is that the 1520 has one of the best screens on any phone right now.

Sorry for bumping this old thread.

But I have to *** around. Since the Lumia 930 does not have a puremotion display, either but essentially the same points you pointed out it should be as smooth as the display of the 920, right?
Although it has a 60hz refresh rate it is slower than the 920. That's because 60hz does not necessarily mean that it is a fast display! Feel free to bing that.
The link you posted states that puremotion means: "Pixels light up twice as fast on the Lumia 920 display than on competing smartphones."
And it's really about the reaction time of the pixels. Since the pixel are reacting slower it is no puremotion display.

This is a little offtopic but I am very disappointed with the 930's display, because it obviously is not a puremotion device since the screen is blurry while you moving images.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
The lumia 920 puremotion best feature is the 7ms latency for sure, i don't know if it's grey-grey or something else. Don't expect anything faster than 3x that latency from any amoled panel... They are so slow

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Puremotion promised a constant 60 frames per second , I dunno if that is the same thing as refresh rate.

I'm starting to feel that Nokia put alot of love into the 920s display. Does not feel that the 1520s is as fast.

D_Stark

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 920 has an Ips display, so that's why pure motion can be added.
On amoled displays this cannot be added because ips and amoled's are functioning very different.
Basically ips it's an lcd backlitted display. Altough the refresh rate will be let's say 60hz, and the screen will refresh on this rate, the light will stay continuosly on in the back, so only the display itself will refresh.
On the amoled, because it's not backlitted, and every pixel it's basically a led ( a very small one), not only the screen will refresh but the pixels will turn on and off independently 60 times per second.
Here is the difference, it's easier on lcd to do that, because o pixel will change only it's colour, and the light will stay on. Even on black, the light will stay on behind the lcd. On the amoled, the pixel will completely turn off.. so try to imagine if you have a light bulb that can light in different colours, and will change his colours 60 times per second, how it will look when the colours will change without turning the bulb off and on?? It will be smoother, right?!
Now try to imagine, how it will look if you will turn off and on the bulb, everytime you want to change the colour...not so smooth... That's why 930 doesn't have Pure Motion..
But trust me, on a phone...it's not a big downside.. On my tv, I have 800hz refresh rate..this is very cool..on a mobile device, not as cool as those deep blacks that amoled provides.....
But in the end, both screens are good...it's a matter of taste...
I am dissapointed by the fact that 930 does not have glance screen(Altough it's possible- tested by me) because the screen is capable of that(ips screen are not)...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12