12-11-2013 09:24 AM
38 12
tools
    I just ordered a 1520 and wanted to start looking in to a case and screen protector. For those that have already outfitted their 1520, do you mind sharing what case and screen protector you got as well as short blurb on your thoughts? Your feedback could be of great help to me and many others. Links would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks!
    12-02-2013 01:35 PM
    12-02-2013 01:44 PM
    i just ordered the pudding case from amazon,, but it looks a lot different in the amazon picture than it does in the review here on wpcentral

..guess i'll find out when it gets here
    12-02-2013 03:29 PM
    Why did you not use the Cyber Monday deal on Amzer?

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
    12-02-2013 04:15 PM
    had an amazon gift card
    12-02-2013 04:23 PM
    I bought a screen protector from xtremeguard, actually I bought 2. it fits well enough, but the edges have me concerned because of how the glass rounds off.

I also bought 2 of the Amzer cases from their black Friday sale.
    12-03-2013 03:17 PM
    I bought a screen protector from xtremeguard, actually I bought 2. it fits well enough, but the edges have me concerned because of how the glass rounds off.

I also bought 2 of the Amzer cases from their black Friday sale.
    Always bought Xtremeguard for my phones. I hated the feeling after installing and tried to use the liguid goo from my Zag screen protector and it worked wonderfully. Will be getting a few xtremegaurds for my !520 when it arrives
    12-04-2013 12:58 AM
    any updates on other purchases? I decided to keep the 1520 and now I am starting to look for cases and screen protectors, with the latter really not having many options available at all.
    12-04-2013 05:05 PM
    I have the Belkin folio case. It's pretty bulky, but provides very good protection and is classy looking. Will probably get another thinner case for it soon, though, as I won't want to use this one all the time.
    GrayW0lf likes this.
    12-04-2013 05:40 PM
    12-04-2013 06:47 PM
    http://www.amazon.com/Exact-Series-T...pUvbUpU2248013
    This is what I have. Its thick but fits well and feels nice. Its made of 2 pieces and it looks like it will take damage by snapping off the corners and absorb it instead if breaking the screen
    Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Board Express
    12-04-2013 09:33 PM
    Skinomi carbon fiber and screen protector for the Nokia Lumia 1520 inside the below:
    Amazon.com: For Nokia Lumia 1520 Double Layer Hybrid Stand Protector Cover Case with Stylus Pen and ApexGears Phone Bag (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Except without the stylus. The case add bulk, but I found it easier to slap the phone in and removing the phone when you want it removed. There is no fighting to get the phone in and getting the phone out.
    12-04-2013 09:52 PM
    Absolutely lure, this phone is a beauty!
    12-04-2013 11:46 PM
    Incipio Feather, it is amazing quality. I decided not to put on a screen protector this time. It's hard to put a scratch on the glass. I've had my 1020 three months without one and not a single scratch.
    12-04-2013 11:53 PM
    I got a "Black Rhino Hybrid Holster Belt Clip Combo Hard Cover" from an eBay vendor for under $10. Comes with a soft rubber shell case/bumper thing that has bigger buttons to press.

There is a \hard shell with a desk stand thing, that I don't really like or use but it has a hard shell belt clip so I can slide the phone into and out of it easily. The large size of the phone means I actually clip it to my jeans pocket rather than my belt.

The screen of the phone faces inwards when it is in the belt case and is against a thin felt like pad. I'd like to have seen the pad a little bit bigger, but it's OK and no scratches so far. All in all, its a 25% of the price of the official case and works better for me.
    12-05-2013 08:19 AM
    I'm holding out for a trident case for some color, but if otterbox comes first and fast I'll go for that
    12-05-2013 10:00 AM
    I've had a few cases so far, here are my thoughts:

Belkin Folio: I was completely sold on this case for a few days. Really nice build quality, protects the phone well. But the bulk eventually got to me, and I returned it. If you don't mind the size, I think it's the best case available.

Incipio Feather: Very nice looking case. It doesn't protect the camera at all, which is a big negative for me.

Nokia Official: Not nearly as flimsy in person as it is on video. I was quite concerned about the cover flopping around, but it really doesn't that much. I'd still like it if it were magnetized. For some reason the back is covered with smudges that are very difficult to remove.

Amzer Pudding Case: I love this case. I'm not crazy about the glossy black look on the sides; I think it makes it look cheap. I would also prefer that the buttons not be covered, as I feel the covers make the buttons mushy after time. However, it protects the phone and camera from normal wear and tear, and doesn't add much bulk, which is what I want in a case. The price is great as well.
    12-05-2013 10:22 AM
    Yeah the Amzer Pudding black case is much better then the white version in my opinion, and I have both.

Especially with a yellow phone!
    12-05-2013 07:24 PM
    I got a "Black Rhino Hybrid Holster Belt Clip Combo Hard Cover" from an eBay vendor for under $10. Comes with a soft rubber shell case/bumper thing that has bigger buttons to press.

There is a \hard shell with a desk stand thing, that I don't really like or use but it has a hard shell belt clip so I can slide the phone into and out of it easily. The large size of the phone means I actually clip it to my jeans pocket rather than my belt.

The screen of the phone faces inwards when it is in the belt case and is against a thin felt like pad. I'd like to have seen the pad a little bit bigger, but it's OK and no scratches so far. All in all, its a 25% of the price of the official case and works better for me.
    This sounds interesting. Do you have any pics of the case you can share?
    12-05-2013 07:29 PM
    I just received my TPU case today and it fits perfect. I got the clear frosted so the red on my 1520 shows through. Would of been nice if it was all clear.

I got it from eBay user my_gadgetgarage for $5.95.

Lets hope it fits in my leather case coming. I didn't find much in the way of leather cases in vertical or horizontal on eBay for the 1520 so I checked the size of the phone to others out there to see if another phone was close to the same size. This is what I found.

Lumia 1520 = 6.40x3.36x0.33
    Samsung Mega = 6.60x3.46x0.31

The Mega is just a tad taller and wider. The Lumia is a tad thicker. I ordered a vertical belt leather case and a horizontal leather belt case made for the Samsung Mega. I'm hoping that the 1520 with the TPU case on will fit in the leather case. Hopefully I will have the leather case in the next few days.

Jim
    Last edited by jbfoster61; 12-05-2013 at 10:24 PM.
    12-05-2013 10:13 PM
    Cyber monday deal on Amzer here. I like the Amzer case so far. It feels grippy on the sides and all ports, camera and flash openings seem spot on. Certainly worth the 4 Washington's that I spent.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    12-05-2013 10:23 PM
    I'm using the Nokia case and I really like it, but I do have a TPU case coming from Amazon to use as a secondary case. Just put on a screen protector from Tech Armor (X000IQ6G1J) that is anti glare and fingerprint repellent, so far I really like it. It was easy to install, feels good to the touch, and clear to see through. The real test is to see how well it stays on after a few days.
    12-06-2013 01:12 AM
    Got me the Nokia case from att. Love it so far. Will be getting a tpu or hard case
    12-06-2013 11:00 PM
    I also picked up the Belkin Folio case from my local AT&T store. It's definitely thicker than the Nokia CP-623, but it is certainly higher-quality than that case. The CP-623's front is floppy and does not instill confidence in the case's ability to protect the phone. The white/gray cover and the red one both strike me as being scuff/dirt/stain prone.

That said, the Nokia case is much thinner and is slightly lighter than the Belkin case. If my local store carried it in Black I might've taken a chance with it.

I suggest going to an AT&T store and checking the Belkin and Nokia cases out.
    12-07-2013 01:23 AM
38 12