I have tried several kind. Right now using my apple pods (came with my wifes iPhone 5s) and the mix doesn't work for phone calls.

Anyone else have this issue?
    12-03-2013 08:02 PM
    Yup, Apple doesn't use what all the others use...but its almost impossible to find any others! My current favorite that work are the Yurbud Ironman inspire headphones, not in-ear but slightly larger than apple standard buds
    12-03-2013 08:37 PM
    I can't use the kind that goes inside your ear canal because it hurts and feels like a ear ache. I will try some of the ones that came with the Note 3.
    12-03-2013 09:06 PM
    Yup, Apple doesn't use what all the others use...but its almost impossible to find any others! My current favorite that work are the Yurbud Ironman inspire headphones, not in-ear but slightly larger than apple standard buds
    Do the yurbuds controls work with lumia. Looking for a pair of headphone swhose controls do.
    12-03-2013 10:32 PM
    Do those Yurbuds have a mic on them for calls?
    12-03-2013 10:53 PM
    Yes they have a single button/mic and they work with the Lumia, but no volume control.

I hate in-ear headphones (but love apple earpods/bud style).

The yurbuds have a thing on them to keep in place but I remove that (it slips off).
    Hardcore1973 likes this.
    12-04-2013 06:32 AM
    Awesome thank you
    12-04-2013 07:13 AM
    Not to thread jump, for others interested: These have been absolutely awesome for me over the last couple of years: Bose In-ear headphones

I don't like the earbuds, they don't fit my ears well. Large headphones are great at my desk (but I prefer the stereo system I have hooked up). But for on the go these stay put, feel great, and can fit under a hat / earmuffs (essential up here in the cold tundra).
    12-04-2013 07:47 AM
    Not to thread jump, for others interested: These have been absolutely awesome for me over the last couple of years: Bose In-ear headphones

I don't like the earbuds, they don't fit my ears well. Large headphones are great at my desk (but I prefer the stereo system I have hooked up). But for on the go these stay put, feel great, and can fit under a hat / earmuffs (essential up here in the cold tundra).
    I've looked at those and have been tempted more than a few times, but I lose headphones too often to put down that much cash on "pocket headphones" and I can get the yurbuds for about $20-35
    12-04-2013 08:27 AM
    I hate in-ear headphones (but love apple earpods/bud style).
    For what it's worth, I use Etymotic mc2 with the foam tips (which are particularly great for airplane use). They're not cheap, but they offer interchangeable tips, which you can see on page 4 of this PDF: http://www.etymotic.com/pdf/mc2_user_manual.pdf.
    12-04-2013 10:37 AM
    For what it's worth, I use Etymotic mc2 with the foam tips (which are particularly great for airplane use). They're not cheap, but they offer interchangeable tips, which you can see on page 4 of this PDF: http://www.etymotic.com/pdf/mc2_user_manual.pdf.
    I found these on amazon
    Amazon.com: Etymotic Research ER7-MC2-BLACK-AN-A MC2 Noise-Isolating In-ear Headset and Earphones, Black: Electronics

I am assuming all functionality works with windows phone?
    12-04-2013 03:13 PM
    Wow, the price has really come down from $150.

I am assuming all functionality works with windows phone?
    I'm reluctant to say "all," but can say that call answer/end, play/pause, skip forward, skip back, and voice command all work.

As with any of the non-Apple ones, the wiring and the spec don't provide volume control. I also think that there's no fast forward or rewind function for non-Apple headsets.

I should say that these headphone are noise isolating not noise canceling. I prefer this, but some may not and one of the reasons for my preference is no longer valid since the FCC and airlines allow electronics to be "on" below 10,000 feet. The foam ones fit well (you roll them between two fingers to squeeze the foam, them insert them in the ear and let the foam expand to fill the opening, blocking noise) and seem to really minimize low-frequency jet engine noise and crying babies who don't like the flight.
    12-04-2013 04:51 PM