SkyDrive Auto Upload "Best Quality" is not sending High Res photo

MikeF74

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I would assume this is a problem in the 1020 as well. The 1520 saves two editions of your photograph, a "HighRes" edition that is 16MP and a more normal resolution that is 5MP.

The SkyDrive Auto Upload shows three settings:
  • Don't Upload
  • Good quality (may use data plan)
  • Best quality (needs Wi-Fi)

Well, it seems all of that is based on the 5MP photo and the 16MP photo is ignored. The "Good Quality" is a down-rezed version of the 5MP photo that is created on the fly (I believe this is also what happens when you share the photo).

When I'm connected to WiFi, I want full-fidelity backups of my photos to be sent to my SkyDrive account. I don't ever want to have to attach my phone to my computer or eject the SD card in order to get at the higher quality photos.

I hope some of you share my displeasure. Microsoft needs to accommodate these higher-resolution photographs.

If Nokia were to have their Nokia Pro Camera app have a setting to just output the 16MP version (instead of always forcing the 5MP to be included), would that also solve this?

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1520 and believe you are correct. I think Sky Drive should accommodate any media, if you choose, regardless of size.

Last edited:

teoami

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
If I remember correctly, ATT Locker is the only thing that will upload the high res images. Though that only helps if you are on ATT.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss