Size DOES Matter.

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought this phone primarily for the killer specs that it has and not really for the screen size, so I went from the 1020 to this, not knowing how I would like it, but honestly from someone who has never used a phablet before, I'm starting to really dig it. One hand texting isn't that possible but I don't recall one hand texting with the 1020 much either. Watching videos on this phone is such a pleasure. I hope that Xbox Video on Windows Phone rolls out soon. I also immensely enjoy Xbox Music on a larger screen.

Most noteworthy - the sound quality on this phone is ridiculously good. I tuned the EQ the same way as my 1020 and I have noticed ever better sound.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I was at the AT&T store and started playing with the 1520 by pretending to type out a text message using just one hand.

Three ladies tried to give me their numbers.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I bought this phone primarily for the killer specs that it has and not really for the screen size, so I went from the 1020 to this, not knowing how I would like it, but honestly from someone who has never used a phablet before, I'm starting to really dig it. One hand texting isn't that possible but I don't recall one hand texting with the 1020 much either. Watching videos on this phone is such a pleasure. I hope that Xbox Video on Windows Phone rolls out soon. I also immensely enjoy Xbox Music on a larger screen.

Most noteworthy - the sound quality on this phone is ridiculously good. I tuned the EQ the same way as my 1020 and I have noticed ever better sound.

I am not a major video watcher, and use my phone as a music/podcast player more then anything else. I LOVE you singled out the audio in your write up.

I am like you- the spec sheet is selling me, not the screen size. I would have much prefered a 5"- 5.3" screen. But, this monster is just future proof, and the specs will allow WP 8.1 to work like it was shipped with it on it without waiting on the WP 8.1 devices. (I hope...)

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have no need to open my computer any more since This big screen does the job as web browser so good now. I mainly did just web browsing. I can leave it for gaming only now.

Just need get used to size and typing whit it. For now it feels bit too wide typing on landscape mode and letters on Center are bit hard to reach. Getting case on This would help since device is too Thin to hold comfortable and bit more bulk would help to hold This Better.

Westoncreg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The screen is awesome and I feel good again doing a screen increases :D from iPod to focus to titan 1 and 2 to this beast, finally a phone that doesn't cramp my hands when typing on it :p

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm positive the 1520 is too big for me (petite woman here, and although my fingers are long, I have small hands), but I'm still planning a trip to the mall with my best friend (who also has small hands, lol) one of these days just to check out this monster at the AT&T store there. I think the 920/1020 is the perfect size phone for me, but the 1520 definitely looks gorgeous from what I've seen so far and in spite of never having seen it in person (yet).

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had not taken a trip to the AT&T store to look at this behemoth before I ordered one, and I knew it was going to be big, but I didn't think it was going to be THIS BIG. Having said that, I have been using it for three days now, and I love it. I don't think I could go back to my 1020 now. I have had a bunch of people ask me "uhh, is that a phone?" so far and when I show them the screen they are in awe.

This phone is HUGE, but it does everything it's supposed to and it does it in BIG style. I love it. The fact that it's thin is a huge seller. If you have small hands, it may not really work all that well for you, but it does two things really well regardless. Those two things are 1) EVERYTHING and 2) get attention.

Dalek Sec

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I had wrist surgery on my dominant had a week before this monster came out. I really thought it be hard to use as my one hand was wrapped in a splint and mostly useless. It's been great. I can use it one handed without too much difficulty. My hands aren't that big and texting had issues with letters in the bottom right but that beautiful clear screen is sooooo worth it.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, this evening I met my mother at the mall to go to Macy's and I made a point of our last stop being at the AT&T there. I went specifically to check out the 1520, of course. It's a beautiful phone and they had it on display in red, but it's definitely not for me. It's HUGE!!! I can barely manage using my 920 one handedly (I was fine with it with my 810, however), so it was insane handling the 1520. Waaaaay too big for my petite hands. Gorgeous nonetheless and great for those who can handle that much phone. :smile:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The only thing I am worried about size wise. What happens when I am forced to go back to a phone with a smaller screen. I just don't know what I'll do. I picked up my L925 today to clear some notifications and just don't think I could ever go back to a phone that small.

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I am worried about size wise. What happens when I am forced to go back to a phone with a smaller screen. I just don't know what I'll do. I picked up my L925 today to clear some notifications and just don't think I could ever go back to a phone that small.

SO very true - everything else seems small and hard to use now!

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
A coworker showed me a picture on her iPhone 4 today and it really looked tiny compared to my 1520... toy-like actually in it's little pink bedazzled case.

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried using an iPhone since using the L1520? I can't even hit the tiny little "X" in the corner to delete apps anymore on my wife's iPhone 5.

I know! I was handed my wife's iPhone and I was dumbfounded. it's like I went into Mario 'big world' except I was the giant!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs