ATT 1520 qi case?

Dalek Sec

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded my red 920 to a new red 1520 and 2520 (that 200 off deal was too good to pass up)

So far I love the size and the screen of the 1520 so much that the 920 feels miniscule now. I can't go back.
Problem is I've invested heavily into the qi wireless charging. I have wireless chargers at my desks (home and work), a fatboy by my bed, a jbl dock, and even built a few chargers into my bar. My roommate has a gs3 with a qi bit added in which works with all the chargers too, he keeps rubbing it in to.

Anyway. I don't want to go pma. I just want this 1520 to be qi. The thread that tried to take a qi 925 case and adapt it for the 1520 didn't work because of the pin outs not matching. Does anybody know what the pin outs are for the pma case? Is any company going to make a qi case for the 1520? Can I take a gs3 qi card and adapt if for a 1520? Should we just exterminate the att morons who took out qi?

Thanks,
Sec

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if you can do it on your own, but there will probably come out third-party cases in the future.

Dalek Sec

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I would have loved to get the international version but lte issues and the fact that att sold it to me for 99 bucks instead of 500-700 really blow holes in the argument.
So I'll save the 400ish bucks and buy a case or build something. Any Ideas how?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry this is so off topic, but everytime I read one of your posts, I hear an actual Dalek talking, so I'm afraid I can't help you because I don't trust Daleks.

boasist

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I'll be following along, I too would like to do some modding to add qi to my 1520. Probably will work best when someone can get their hands on the official model. Since digikey sells the coils, once someone can open that model up we should be good.

rhamblet

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
To me its silly to buy an international version of a device just because it doesn't charge with the standard that you want it too. I understand if your invested in the qi platform but I was too with my 822. I just don't understand how you can justify calling a phone gimped and paying more for something silly like that. $100 or $600, its a big difference. I suspect most people complaining about the AT&T version and then buying an unlocked one were never really in the market for an AT&T device anyway.

To me the international version is gimped because no LTE, which is a far bigger deal then what charger you use.

/rant

Dalek Sec

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Stay on track, stay on track, STAY ON TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!

Sorry, away. Att sucks, we know that. This thread is for those of us who want to add qi back via case or other without paying 500 bucks. :)

rhamblet

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I know, sorry if I derailed the thread, I just got sick of people commenting about getting an int. Version instead.

In my defense, he started it! :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb