Are you fully adjusted to the size of the 1520?

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I am! Now I can't imagine down sizing at this point. This phone is comfortable in hand and in my pocket. I'm just concerned that with MS buying Nokia that we may not get new large format phones as good as this on WP.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely still not fully adjusted. I've been using the 920 for a full year prior to the 1520 and I got so used to doing everything one-handed that I'm still trying to do the same with the 1520. I love everything about the 1520 and the size is fantastic, but I just can not break the habit of thinking I can do everything like I did with the 920.

I'm sure I'll fully adjust, but it just might take a little longer than I expected. :smile:

darth_furious

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am! Now I can't imagine down sizing at this point. This phone is comfortable in hand and in my pocket. I'm just concerned that with MS buying Nokia that we may not get new large format phones as good as this on WP.

I saw a 920 and thought the screen was too tiny now I'm used to the 1520. It was a bit awkward initially, but I got this case: Amazon.com: Exact Tank Series Tough Rugged Dual Layer Protection Case Cover with Build in Stand for Nokia Lumia 1520 Black: Cell Phones & Accessories The case is a bit bulky with the 2nd armor piece on but the grips on the side make it so much better to hold and it's cheap too. I just use the TPU part and take off the armor and it feels great holding it. It reminds me of the laces on a football when in my hand

omaropa

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, now I think every other phone has such a small screen. Love this thing! I thought it was going to be too big, but I'm currently in love.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes. While some tasks are still a challenge for one handed completion, I've found I've adjusted to most quite easily. Other phones do feel smaller to me now, as well. My L920 still feels nice, but I feel like my hand completely swallows my wife's iPhone 5 whole when I hold it.

JennaMadison

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes! It feels natural now. The size doesn't seem so big anymore. My girlfriend has an iphone4. The other day she asked me to grab it for her and I held it with two fingers from top to bottom lol. Feels like a toy. Nothing compares to the L1520. Its the size you'll be happy you have, even when you think you don't need it. Its the most beautiful phone imo. Build quality and looks are stunning. I hope the future of Lumias is promising with whatever MS plans to do, if not then I'll hold on to this piece of perfection for as long as time will let me. ;)

DaSurfa

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm using note 2 right now and have a red 1520 on order.
I finally got to hold a 1520 at the att store and I love size. Not much bigger than my note 2.

bordia

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Love the phone, coming from a iPhone 5 but can be large in the pocket. We also need a split keyboard in landscape mode like the surfaces.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I love this phone! Took me a couple days to adjust to it and now that I have I'm not having a problem handling it. The only down side is it won't fit in my cup holder like my previous phones did.

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to call in sick and head to my Microsoft store try to get the Dell Venue 8 Pro for $99 on Monday. It's screen is only 2 inches larger but it does run windows 8.1.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine less than 24 hrs and I'm no where near adjusted to it! This thing is HUGE. I've been using a LG G2 which is not a small phone but this 1520 is much larger and heavier. I'm sure I'll be fully adjusted in a week or two though....

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes! Fully adjusted in less than an hour. Definitely the phone I was thinking of for the last couple of years. The unexpected downside (as has been said many times over) everything smaller is completely unsatisfactory at this point. The usability on this as a mobile device is phenomenal. Absolutely love it!!

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Out the box I was "oh, maybe its a little too big" but after a few hours its fine, its so easy to use and just mess about on or work, yeah its not a slip into any pocket phone but the plus sides outweigh that for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb