Are you fully adjusted to the size of the 1520?

hemanlive

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
This is a really useful thread. I am thinking of buying this phone in January (hopefully it will be available in India by that time), but my only concern was the size if it is too big. I have got a 820, but I already find it tiny. I feel ideal size for me would be 5" but 929 is not yet launched globally, I wonder if I will hold myself back by March/April for it to arrive in India. If 1520 does not really feel too big I will go for it straight away.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I love this phone! Took me a couple days to adjust to it and now that I have I'm not having a problem handling it. The only down side is it won't fit in my cup holder like my previous phones did.

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to call in sick and head to my Microsoft store try to get the Dell Venue 8 Pro for $99 on Monday. It's screen is only 2 inches larger but it does run windows 8.1.

Yeah, I hear ya on the cup holder thing. My personal car actually has a split holder so it fits but, I had to buy a cupholder mount for my work vehicle. I'd like a 8.1 tablet for $99 but, I can't camp out for it with my 1 year old daughter. lol

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
This is a really useful thread. I am thinking of buying this phone in January (hopefully it will be available in India by that time), but my only concern was the size if it is too big. I have got a 820, but I already find it tiny. I feel ideal size for me would be 5" but 929 is not yet launched globally, I wonder if I will hold myself back by March/April for it to arrive in India. If 1520 does not really feel too big I will go for it straight away.

I'm on the same boat as you. From what I've heard, the 1520 should launch this month itself in India. Will have a look at a store and then decide. I'm hoping it's reasonably priced!

If you're going to hold on till March/April, you might as well see what phones Nokia/MS will launch with WP 8.1.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have adjusted to using the phone but I still am not 100% sure about the Incipio charging case. I am not used to having a case on my phone and although the case makes the phone easier to hold it is pretty bulky. I have not had the phone very long but so far it is exceeding my expectations.

CAH000

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I always wanted a larger screen (I also have a 920 & HTC Titan) and got used to it immediately, (but that is not to say that everything has been optimised to the new resolution and screen size) but for me there is no going back. The size comments about this phone remind me of the reviewe when I bought a HTC HD2 exactly same comments were made about the size of the phone, these comments seem dumb now even though they were made by the tech pundits of the time.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I sold my AT&T black 1520 and purchased an unlocked yellow 32gb version. Unfortunately my new 1520 won't be here until Thursday, and I've already shipped my old 1520 off, so I'm using my backup 8x in the interim. Wow. I'll never be able to go back to a smaller screen again.

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Have using this now for two weeks period and i feel that phones have always been this size. I feel quite comfortable with it now to use and it actually looks like my phone is shrinking. :eck:

This fast you adapt to size really. Same think happens when you buy your first big screen TV and you are wowed how big it looks. After a while you feel that you should have bought bigger model.

6" is quite upper limit, but could be 6,2" if whole phone could be kept in the same size like it is now. Don't be afraid to go this phone since you adapt to it eventually.

TheLiege

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I went from a HD2 to a Titan and now to this. At each step I've been worried that it might be too big but each time I look back I can't imagine how I coped with something that small.

Although I don't think I'll be going any bigger...

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I went from a HD2 to a Titan and now to this. At each step I've been worried that it might be too big but each time I look back I can't imagine how I coped with something that small.

Although I don't think I'll be going any bigger...

I completely agree. This is as big as a phone needs to be.

dubai911

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely still not fully adjusted. I've been using the 920 for a full year prior to the 1520 and I got so used to doing everything one-handed that I'm still trying to do the same with the 1520. I love everything about the 1520 and the size is fantastic, but I just can not break the habit of thinking I can do everything like I did with the 920.

I'm sure I'll fully adjust, but it just might take a little longer than I expected. :smile:

+1

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
More so than I thought, actually. I am using both, the 920 and the 1520 and whenever I hold the 920 in my hands now, it feels a bit tiny. I got so used to few full websites on the 1520 that the mobile versions on the 920 feel like I am missing something. The 1520 definitely is the phone for me. I held an iPhone 4 from my friend yesterday and I frankly cannot imagine how one could do anything on a screen that small.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I hear you, my wife and daughter have iPhone 5S's and those things seem tiny compared to my 1520. They're like little baby phones.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I keep pulling my old lumia 800 out of the cupboard and thinking "how did I ever manage with such a tiny phone....!!"

dropofdreams

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Perfectly well adjusted as the last device I used prior to this was actually larger. I came from the Sony Xperia Z Ultra and loved it. However, if I did have to have one gripe about this phone in regards to it's general size or shape, it would be the corners. I'm pretty sure that I'm bruising my palms after long periods of use.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
The height of the iPhone 4s screen is less than the width of the Lumia 1520 screen. One could fit 2.7 iPhone 4 screens in the space of the 1520 screen -- and the 1520 would still have more pixels than those iPhones. That's amazing.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Coming from someone who used to make fun of people who used to use the original Samsung Note for it's sheer size, I have to say that I can never go back to using a smaller screen phone. Have gotten completely adjusted to the size of the 1520 in just a couple of days.

Moral of the story: Never make fun of something without experiencing it yourself!

dropofdreams

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I've since used a couple of smaller devices as I work in the industry. That being said, all of the smaller display bearing units seem tiny due to my last couple of daily drivers. This is evident to me when I try to type on the smaller screens now and just fail about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers