My 1520 gets extremely HOT when I play any game. Is this normal?

dropofdreams

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
The device is indeed going to get hot especially when playing a game like that. You aren't likely to do any damage to the phone from this. However, I might suggest not doing this for extended periods while the phone is plugged in. You're not only going to be heating the CPU/GPU but also the battery. Batteries aren't a big fan of getting hot in regards to their overall longevity.

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine gets warm but not uncomfortable. It probably feels hot to some because the phone probably doesn't have performance crippling throttling like many phones. I'd rather have a warm phone than one that throttles.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

Jcowley

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
The Snapdragon 800 does posses an instruction set to reduce clock speed based on temperature. Whether WP implements this, I don't know...

Every phone/tablet/laptop etc will throttle with temperature, otherwise you risk damaging other components & thermal runaway

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
The Snapdragon 800 does posses an instruction set to reduce clock speed based on temperature. Whether WP implements this, I don't know...

Every phone/tablet/laptop etc will throttle with temperature, otherwise you risk damaging other components & thermal runaway

Yes they all throttle up to a certain tdp/temperature threshold but the variation can be substantial between phone manufacturers. For example, Samsung does the opposite by artificially raising thermal throttling limits when benchmarks are run to get inflated scores that aren't realized in real world use. I'm hoping Nokia just has something reasonable that keeps performance high while maintaining reasonable temperatures. The last thing any of us wants is a crippled phone that runs cool all the time but never realizes its performance potential.

Rashu Kunwar

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I switched from iPhone to a Nokia Lumia 1520 and LOVE it! I am never going back.

The one concern that I have is that after about 5 to 10 minutes of game play (Asphalt 8, SpiderMan, etc) my phone gets extremely hot on the top left corner. I use the work extrememly because I feel if i were to play for another 10 minutes, the phone would melt or I could burn myself!

Does anyone else have this same issue? What should I do?

Thank you!

My name is rashu kunwar.My lumia 620 also gets hot when i play it for only last 5 min .I am in big problem.Have any ideas

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
It's actually strange that it can operate this cool without a huge cooler and a couple of fans.

This little monster got a Snapdragon 800 SoC clocked at 2.2GHz and a Adreno 330 GPU. It should actually need a huge cooler with a couple of fans to operate at all, but somehow they got it working without huge cooling.

Yuan Luo

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Yea, it's really normal. Just because of its cpu. This is the first time Nokia made a Quad-core phone, it push the battery very much, so that you can feel the heat from the battery. That's why. I'm gonna sell mine in cheap price, anyone interested, just contact me. Email: yuanluo@me.com

mrvhin1216

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
mine gets warm but not uncomfortable. It probably feels hot to some because the phone probably doesn't have performance crippling throttling like many phones. I'd rather have a warm phone than one that throttles.

Sent from my rm-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using tapatalk

^this!

maverickrohan

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
It is normal ... if it gets hot and battery drains too fast, then you have something to worry about ... but in general it gets hot (Top left back)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720