12-14-2013 06:50 PM
66 123
tools
    A coworker of mine used to place his iPhone 4/4S next to my Lumia 920 and always used to make fun that my phone is too big.
    This would attract others (again iPhone users) in the room and they would also join him.

So, finally, last day I tried another trick.
    When he did it again, I said that my phone screen alone is bigger than his entire phone.
    My browsing experience and video watch experience is unmatchable.
    This put him in defense.
    He immediately started comparing my screen with his phone.
    And said, it (my screen) is not that big.
    And said iPhone 5 is bigger than iPhone 4.
    And the whole conversation turned towards a bigger phone experience.

My philosophy: There are some people, who enjoy the experience of poking fun.
    It is like you score a soccer goal and you celebrate.
    So, what do I do?
    I score self goal.
    Even if they win, they don't get to enjoy scoring a goal.
    Last edited by anilraj; 12-09-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: typo
    12-09-2013 02:15 PM
    untitled.png
    5150 Joker likes this.
    12-09-2013 02:47 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	148 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	51650
    lol where did he post this at?
    12-09-2013 03:12 PM
    lol where did he post this at?
    Clearly, that's Twitter.
    12-09-2013 03:15 PM
    Makes me cringe people judge them based off the phone they use...
    12-09-2013 03:16 PM
    Who is Rafael Rivera and why should I care what he thinks?
    12-09-2013 03:19 PM
    Who is Rafael Rivera and why should I care what he thinks?
    He was a hacker that helped make it easier for WP7 hobbyists to develop for WP. I think he also writes for this site once in a while.

I think that he'd readily admit that he's a ****** sometimes.
    12-09-2013 03:24 PM
    Clearly, that's Twitter.
    Thansk I am not too familiar with twitter, bookface, pinterest, vine and all of those. I do use instagram :D
    metalchick719 likes this.
    12-09-2013 03:27 PM
    He was a hacker that helped make it easier for WP7 hobbyists to develop for WP. I think he also writes for this site once in a while.

Well he's a human and entitled to an opinion regardless of what his work is and what he does. People have a right to state the opinion whichever way they want, just like I call everyone who uses an iPhone without knowing how to download an App a ******. I had people specifically at work tell me they got an iPhone because everyone has one. I then laughed and called her an *****. She took it personally but meh.
    12-09-2013 03:32 PM
    Honestly that had nothing to do with his opinion, but mine. Sorry. He is certainly entitled to his opinion.
    12-09-2013 04:51 PM
    Android is the new Windows ME. It isn't stable enough to be compared to 98.
    Actually either would be apt. Windows 98 was actually far less stable than Windows ME though to be honest.

It was Windows 98SE that was stable.

I actually know Raf really well...and he's a good guy. I do need to talk to him about this one though. :P
    Last edited by Morpheus Phreak; 12-09-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    12-09-2013 06:34 PM
    I use my phone in public all the time even around my coworkers. Only comments I ever get are things like, "That's a cool looking phone" or "Wow that has a big screen" that's all I ever hear. People are mostly genuinely curious about the device. Than and I guess I am just not one of those people who get made fun of.
    12-09-2013 07:44 PM
    Actually either would be apt. Windows 98 was actually far less stable than Windows ME though to be honest.

It was Windows 98SE that was stable.

I actually know Raf really well...and he's a good guy. I do need to talk to him about this one though. :P
    Much ado about nothing. From his twitter feed, he appears to just be pretty crass as part of his personality. So he says things that may sound a lot worse than he really means them. Would that be accurate?

Many of my friends are like that. Heck, I'm like that sometimes.
    12-09-2013 07:55 PM
    Much ado about nothing. From his twitter feed, he appears to just be pretty crass as part of his personality. So he says things that may sound a lot worse than he really means them. Would that be accurate?

Many of my friends are like that. Heck, I'm like that sometimes.
    I don't know if I'd describe him as crass since that would mean he's either lacking sensitivity, refinement, or intelligence according to the definition.

I would say more like there are times he gets irritable, vents, and then goes back to normal. He's also been 'fixing' things for various companies for a very long time...which can be a trying endeavor itself.

Either way I don't want to drag us too far off-topic. :)
    12-09-2013 08:34 PM
    Yea I had people make fun of my 1520 but then after holding it in their hands they praised it & say how good the screen looks, I admit the first time I got it, it did look big but after one week it feels like a normal size phone to me. Love it, now I feel like I'm getting my $$ worth with AT&T
    12-14-2013 06:46 PM
    Yea I had people make fun of my 1520 but then after holding it in their hands they praised it & say how good the screen looks, I admit the first time I got it, it did look big but after one week it feels like a normal size phone to me. Love it, now I feel like I'm getting my $$ worth with AT&T
    I guess you need to change your username XD Ray520

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    12-14-2013 06:50 PM
66 123