Being made fun for owning the 1520! Lol

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I was checking out at CVS and the younger cashier woman scanned my CVS card on my phone. While she was scanning the barcode on my phone screen her eyes got big and she said, "I've never seen anything that big before". Had to bite my tongue and resist an inappropriate comment.

"Oh it gets bigger... with Lumia 2520, its big and its red. "

DaSurfa

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
When I first got my note 2 before all my friends, they laughed at the ridiculous size.
Now I see everyone with a note 2. Lol

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I will never buy a Lumia 1520 unless they add a camera strap. I drop my Lumia 1020 enough as it is, only being saved by said strap. No way could I use a Lumia 1520 without destroying it unless I had a strap to use. And there's also the fact that the Lumia 1520 doesn't rock a 41MP camera... ;)

Still, looks like an awesome device, and I'm mostly jealous for its 3-tile wide Start Screen, and the quad-core processor.

anilraj

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
A coworker of mine used to place his iPhone 4/4S next to my Lumia 920 and always used to make fun that my phone is too big.
This would attract others (again iPhone users) in the room and they would also join him.

So, finally, last day I tried another trick.
When he did it again, I said that my phone screen alone is bigger than his entire phone.
My browsing experience and video watch experience is unmatchable.
This put him in defense.
He immediately started comparing my screen with his phone.
And said, it (my screen) is not that big.
And said iPhone 5 is bigger than iPhone 4.
And the whole conversation turned towards a bigger phone experience.

My philosophy: There are some people, who enjoy the experience of poking fun.
It is like you score a soccer goal and you celebrate.
So, what do I do?
I score self goal.
Even if they win, they don't get to enjoy scoring a goal.

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Who is Rafael Rivera and why should I care what he thinks?
He was a hacker that helped make it easier for WP7 hobbyists to develop for WP. I think he also writes for this site once in a while.

I think that he'd readily admit that he's a ****** sometimes.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
He was a hacker that helped make it easier for WP7 hobbyists to develop for WP. I think he also writes for this site once in a while.

I think that he'd readily admit that he's a ****** sometimes.
Well he's a human and entitled to an opinion regardless of what his work is and what he does. People have a right to state the opinion whichever way they want, just like I call everyone who uses an iPhone without knowing how to download an App a ******. I had people specifically at work tell me they got an iPhone because everyone has one. I then laughed and called her an *****. She took it personally but meh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss