Flashing the 1520

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok. So, I just downloaded the firmware for the 1520: PWBASSY RM-937 LIGHT SWAP ENG RD ROW.

I've flashed a few Nokia phones over the past year, but I'm somewhat hesitant about flashing my new 1520. The only reason I would flash the phone is to get the Data Sense app and maybe to remove the AT&T boot screen. Whether or not those are good enough reasons to flash is debatable, but I need some suggestions/help. In the past, I've understood what most of the abbreviations and codes represented in the product codes, but with the above product code, I am at a loss. Is there anyone out there who can explain the 1520's product code wordage? Thanks.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I would wait a little bit before you flash your 1520, let others be the guinea pigs.

Ha ha ha...yeah. I hear ya. I guess the fact that I don't even know what the product code stands for is a big red light. I think I'll take your advice, and just keep screwing around with my 520. :) Thanks!

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Recall that those who flashed their 920's to the International ROM (via a brief stop with a Canadian ROM) now have Data Sense, but can no longer get Internet Sharing to work, even if they have the feature provisioned with AT&T. (I'm in this boat.) Although my 920 is also SIM unlocked and I could get my phone to access the internet from New Zealand with a Telecom NZ SIM, I could not get sharing to work there. AT&T has semi-neutered the 920 -- they may have done the same to the 1520.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Recall that those who flashed their 920's to the International ROM (via a brief stop with a Canadian ROM) now have Data Sense, but can no longer get Internet Sharing to work, even if they have the feature provisioned with AT&T. (I'm in this boat.) Although my 920 is also SIM unlocked and I could get my phone to access the internet from New Zealand with a Telecom NZ SIM, I could not get sharing to work there. AT&T has semi-neutered the 920 -- they may have done the same to the 1520.

Yeah, I flashed my 920 back in May or so, but the Spanish keyboard language trick fixed my tethering issue. Don't know how it worked, but it did. Having said that, I think I'll hold off for a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99