Amazon App scanner bug on 1520?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues getting the Amazon scanner to work on their 1520? Mine just acts kind of odd. I get a white border on two sides and it can't seem to lock on to any codes.

Mediademics

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I am having this exact same issue. Whenever I am out and want to scan something to price check Amazon, I have to use my girlfriends 925. Hoping this gets fixed in a future update to the Amazon app.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I am having this exact same issue. Whenever I am out and want to scan something to price check Amazon, I have to use my girlfriends 925. Hoping this gets fixed in a future update to the Amazon app.

I contacted support but they just told me to reinstall. That didn't help.

I'll point them here. At least there are two of us that have noticed. If they can make delivery drones and keep the post office open on Sunday I'm sure they'll fix this.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, broken for me too. Probably due to the screen resolution. The viewfinder box doesn't even show up correctly on my screen.

EDIT: For me, I get the camera view in the bottom right corner, but it's like it's dragged halfway off screen with white borders filling the rest of my screen and the scanner line in the middle, where it should be. And yeah, just keeps focusing un and out of the barcode when I try to scan.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I got transferred around 5 times trying to report the bug. The agents were helpful but there doesn't seem to be a protocol in place for this kind of issue.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
There was an update today but sadly it didn't fix the issue.

I'm afraid of having to jump through hoops again to try and report this.

mjlenox

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. Just got the 1520 a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, I need this for my work, so if no one knows of another option for scanning upc codes for lookup in Amazon, I'll have to take this phone back.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So I just tried it again and while the situation is still the same, I have just found that it still actually works. You just have to place the barcode/UPC in the bottom right corner of the visible view from the camera, instead of trying to line up the barcode/UPC with the blue line. Brings up the few searches that I've tried accurately.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, nice tip! It sure does look ugly though.

If I get a spare few hours I'll try to report it again but by now hopefully they know. This is one thing I hate about official, non 3rd party developers. It sure is nice to be able to chat directly with developers.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, nice tip! It sure does look ugly though.

If I get a spare few hours I'll try to report it again but by now hopefully they know. This is one thing I hate about official, non 3rd party developers. It sure is nice to be able to chat directly with developers.

Yeah, it definitely doesn't look appealing. Hopefully, they fix that soon. Just glad that I can still use it.

Dwight Kuhl

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I found out this problem first hand yesterday while trying to do the ol' "Find what I want in the store, buy it on Amazon" thingie...
It looks like an app problem, its not optimized for the big screen 1520... The viewable area in the scanner looks like the size of an iPhone screen imo... I did notice the "whiteout" issue to... We will just have to suffer with all this advanced technology until the world catches up... Lol

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with myfitnesspal.

MyFitnessPal is an absolute mess! I wish Microsoft would send over an emergency help team to get that app straightened out.

The scanner has been broken on Lumia devices since the summer. Now the app fails to work after 2 or 3 days and needs to get reinstalled.

They keep adding social networking features to the app and never fix core features that are critically broken. I really wish I could be in charge of the development there. I wouldn't let that fly on such a popular app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism