Another potential defect?

nkaufmann

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to keep making these different threads I just want to know if this is normal. When applying pressure to the touch screen in the upper right it distorts sometimes. unless it is heavier pressure it is barely noticeable. Is this something that is normal?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Unless its heavier pressure? Are you pressing as hard as you can or something?

And how many threads have you made? You know nothing in this world is perfect. Especially if you are being obsessive in looking for defects.

nkaufmann

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Unless its heavier pressure? Are you pressing as hard as you can or something?

And how many threads have you made? You know nothing in this world is perfect. Especially if you are being obsessive in looking for defects.

Only like 3 threads I just wish I could have known and asked all this at once. And no it just gets worse with more pressure. In day to day use I don't notice anything except on the lock screen when I push hard enough to realize it. Everyday tapping/swiping doesn't cause it to distort ,so I am confused if I should just wait it out? Also- If I do need to return to the MS store how would I go about doing that since I purchased it online.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Well no amount of tap swipe pressure does anything to mine, if i put real pressure on it then yes you will because you are pushing on the lcd panel.
It should not be lose and it should not have effect on the display with normal use, if it does then return it, maybe panel not put on right.

nkaufmann

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Well no amount of tap swipe pressure does anything to mine, if i put real pressure on it then yes you will because you are pushing on the lcd panel.
It should not be lose and it should not have effect on the display with normal use, if it does then return it, maybe panel not put on right.

mine does on the lock screen but I don't notice this anywhere else. How do I even go about returning it to microsoft? This is my everyday phone I can't go without it

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Is there a reason you are pressing upper right corner of the screen as hard as you can on the lock screen?

It could honestly just be you pushing the LCD too hard (LCD has fluid in between the glass panels). And if it doesn't happen on any other occasion I don't see this as a defect (or any problem).

nkaufmann

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Is there a reason you are pressing upper right corner of the screen as hard as you can on the lock screen?

It could honestly just be you pushing the LCD too hard (LCD has fluid in between the glass panels). And if it doesn't happen on any other occasion I don't see this as a defect (or any problem).
it isn't as hard as I can. If I tap it with any extra pressure it does it.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I see what you're talking about, and I had to press the back of my device hard enough that I wasn't comfortable to do so. I would not recommend doing this to your device. Also, before you make another thread, I would not recommend using it as a bullet shield.

As for "wishing you could report these at the same time," that's what the edit button is for. Bumping an old post that you've edited the original post of > making a bunch of clutter about non-issues.

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
press on any modern screen hard and it will distort. The glass is very thin and flexible. why are you worried about something that happens when you are trying something crazy and not normal? If you flex it hard enouph it will break, but this will still be normal for what you did

nkaufmann

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
press on any modern screen hard and it will distort. The glass is very thin and flexible. why are you worried about something that happens when you are trying something crazy and not normal? If you flex it hard enouph it will break, but this will still be normal for what you did

I definitely worded this post wrong..... It happens all over the screen now with just ordinary tapping. I meant if I like lightly tapped the screen it wouldn't but if I went to tap like an app it would. Needless to say I will be returning this unit as even a Microsoft rep said it wasn't right.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what the deal is but take it back. Either you are just heavy handed and you press down so hard you want to hear a button click or you have a defective device. Take it back to the store and let them evaluate the phone.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss