[HELP] 1520 keeps rebooting/restarting

vpkb

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
This is my 2nd 1520, phone is rebooting constantly. Stopping all apps from running in the background seems to be the only solution.

sakendrick

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my 1020. It would reboot occasionally prior to the update (Nokia Black). Now with the update it reboots about 10 times a day for no reason (just sitting on my desk). I have no bing apps, I kill all background tasks. I always back out of apps. I've hard reset already. I uninstalled all games.

Nokia's recommendation was to return it to AT&T. This is actually my third 1020. First two had hardware issues with the audio jack (one got stuck in headset mode forever).

I'm really hoping for a fix. I'm tired of returning phones and waiting days without a phone. Plus every time I return it AT&T is looking for water damage or some reason to void my warranty. Never had issues with my HTC.

Play2mefish

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same problem with my Lumia 1520. I tried removing all of the Bing apps, it would still reboot. It quit rebooting when I turned off WIFI. I had read somewhere to turn off blutooth and WIFI and the problem would go away. I had originally turned off blutooth and noticed that the phone would still reboot but not three times a day. So I turned off WIFI and the phone is now working without a problem. If I turn on WIFI, it will reboot within 24 hours if you leave it turned on.

So, what I do is to turn on WIFI when I'm at home and want to update APPS, SEARCH then net, or anything that requires WIFI, and then I turn it off when I leave home.

I will "assume" that Nokia or Microsoft will resolve this issue un the next phone update. Then again, we all no the real meaning of assume...

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine just started doing this today... It literally has rebooted 30+ times since this morning. I've only had it since 1/27, but I've had no issues up to this point. I do notice that it seems to center around Wi-Fi. I turned Wi-fi off today at work, and it stopped happening. I was watching some video clips tonight from home and realized I was using my cell data, so i turned Wi-fi back on. BANG! Reboots again... Thinking of taking it back since I'm within my 14 days, but the AT&T stores don't even have the 32gb version stocked, and it sounds like it's not something that's going to be fixed even with a replacement. ARGH

vpkb

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried restricting apps from running in the background? In Settings, swipe left to Applications, disallow and apps that are running the background.

vpkb

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
....forget contacting Nokia, instead of them trying to replicate the issues in their lab, they had me running around in circles to the point where I gave up.

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Posted an update on mine on the Nokia thread the other day...

"
I do have an update on mine, though... There's most-definitely something hardware-related with it. I went to take a pic today, and the camera showed weird red lines through areas that were particularly bright. I went to try adjusting the ISO setting in Nokia camera, and the screen went completely beserk. The nearest thing I can compare it to is like with an old analog TV antenna when the signal is really bad. I got weird red lines through the entire screen, and the screen started "flipping" like the sync was off on an old CRT. Today is day 14 of my grace period on it, so I'm on the phone with AT&T now to get an exchange. We'll see if my replacement has similar issues.
"

Chew Wong1

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem under 2 conditions:
1. When the battery is low.
2. If I try to connect internet using the telefone data connections. Wifi connection works perfectly well.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
It looks like that most of RM-937 have the issue of restarting. I have my RM-940 for almost an entire year with Cyan and the developer preview and never have this issue.

Dr Hoges

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Mine would make it to the windows logo and then reboot again over and over again no matter what I did. I was able to get mine going (so far so good) by holding the down volume and power/lock screen button while it was rebooting a few times. It eventually came up and then I immediately turned it off normally. Then, it would come back on by itself and I quickly went to settings > about > and reset phone. Not the best solution but the backup was pretty solid and I can at least use it again...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb