[HELP] 1520 keeps rebooting/restarting

kimck99

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Just today (16 days after I received my Lumia 1520), my phone now reboots/restarts continuously. I've tried the soft reset but no luck. I have not tried the hard reset - yet. I search online and this appears to have occurred on other Lumia devices and as far as I can tell, there is not fix for this. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions?

Thanks

kimck99

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi. An update.

My battery was running low so I decided to do a hard/factory reset. Well, after the reset, the problem continued.

BTW - this was the Yellow version - not that it matters. Sigh. Guess I'll be heading to the AT&T store. I have a useless phone. This sucks!

magicrobots

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this problem too, but not that frequently; maybe 3 times a day. Not sure if I should bring the phone in to the MS store or not, as it's not that severe. Also not sure if it'll get worse.

dio2604

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I've observed this issue on several other lumia devices, but on my Lumia 925 it was very annoying (at least two reboots a day). However, on my Lumia 1020 I had only two reboots in three month (as far as I remember, one happend after I tried to do a call in an area with very low radio reception...)
So, yes I think it seems to be a common issue for lumias, some devices suffer from this more often than other, but I could not figure out if it's a issue for Windows Phone devices in general (btw: I also own a HTC 8X (since a year) and never observed it rebooting at any time whatsoever).

So, if it's very annoying for you, I recommend to swap it for a brand new device!

kimck99

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

An update. As I noted, I did the factory reset and the problem continued. The phone did turn on but after around 7-10 seconds, it would lock up and restart, repeatedly. So I decided to drive to an AT&T store. Showed the retail person the phone and said that they had not seen this behavior. (Although they did say that the have seen this with previous lumias.)

Anyway, I was outside the 14 day return, however, the gal said that AT&T/Nokia did not have a warranty program set up yet to provide a refurbished phone cause they it was too new and they didn't have inventory. So, she and the manager gave me a new Yellow phone - whew!. I was expecting the worse - having to return the phone and wait to have a refurb sent to me. Anyway, I'm in the process of setting up my phone again. Hopefully, this won't happen again. I guess I'll head over to Nokia support/blog site to report this issue.

Cheers.

kimck99

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Your have bing wallpapers for Lock screen? if you have, remove and put a normal wallpaper, and test if still rebooting.

Hi, I did. However, I no longer have the phone. I have a replacement phone. Interesting defect if the Bing wallpaper is causing the issue.

march_c

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I've also had this problem on two different 1520 phones. I was particularly impressed with AT&T's standard recommendation that you should turn off you phone every day.

Scotty_V

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I just got my wife the international version in white and she just started having this problem too. She was using Bing wallpaper downloaded through windows phone inside app. After reviewing the comments in here I removed the Bing wallpaper with just a regular photo off the phone and restarted it and it worked like a charm. Thanks for who ever posted that tip.

marcelohc

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here... first day with Lumia1520 and its really frustrating! do you think that the only fix for this problem is to return the phone to the provider?
Someone has returned his old L1520 and getting a new one with zero bugs?

(sorry by my bad english)

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Your have bing wallpapers for Lock screen? if you have, remove and put a normal wallpaper, and test if still rebooting.

Yes, I did. I'm trying your suggestion now and observe if it will happen again.

Actually, the problem kept on occurring at least once a day before, although I never experienced the problem with my old Lumia 625. I deleted almost all my Bing apps two days ago since I was finding out the culprit for my heavy battery drain (it only lasts for one day even with battery saver on and I think Viber's the culprit). The only Bing app I retained its Bing weather, and I thought the problem was gone when my phone rebooted a while ago. But at least you offered a probable solution (and got back my phone's long battery life).

imLou

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here... first day with Lumia1520 and its really frustrating! do you think that the only fix for this problem is to return the phone to the provider?
Someone has returned his old L1520 and getting a new one with zero bugs?

(sorry by my bad english)

Return them. I received my L1520 at 26dec and the device start to re-boot until it stopped to work properly. Now is a brick! And Nokia has the worst costumer service.

marcelohc

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Return them. I received my L1520 at 26dec and the device start to re-boot until it stopped to work properly. Now is a brick! And Nokia has the worst costumer service.

lol

I'm going to return it tomorrow. Now I must to wait a few weeks for the new one (just come from amazon) . I hope to get lucky next time.

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 mediante Tapatalk

D196

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Okay, this is what I have found. Upon receiving my 1st 1520 I had no issue with the phone until the update. Once the update was installed, everytime I would try to shut off and restart the phone it would turn off and cycle through the att and Nokia screens and vibrate in an infinite loop; i.e. push power button to start phone and it would display att then Nokia then go black and vibrate then att then Nokia then go black and vibrate, etc etc.

I exchanged the phone today and tested the phone, no issues in the store, powered on and off flawlessly.

i get home and it says there is an update...i install the update and now if i try to turn off the phone it says goodby and restarts without my input...everytime...essentially, i can not turn off the device.

so the update is the problem, not the hardware of the phone...which means they could release a patch to correct the problem.

I may go back and exchange this one and simply not install the update.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I think mine doesn't experience rebooting anymore. I uninstalled a lot of Bing apps except for Bing Weather then changed my wallpaper from Bing Weather to one of my photos.

My phone is a glossy red RM-937 Lumia 1520.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel