Anyone experiencing fast battery drain on their 1520?

reeflobang

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
My 1520 suddenly started to drain out it battery this evening (second day I had it). It went down 50% just kept in my bag and was really hot when I took it out. Anyone else have this issue? I switched off all "background" running apps, except Whatsapp so wondering why this is even happening.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
My 1520 suddenly started to drain out it battery this evening (second day I had it). It went down 50% just kept in my bag and was really hot when I took it out. Anyone else have this issue? I switched off all "background" running apps, except Whatsapp so wondering why this is even happening.

Well, for the past two days I have been experiencing faster battery drain but not as excessive. I thought it might be some apps so I turned off some background processes but that's not it. I'm still getting a full days use out of it, but where I used to go to bed with 30-40% battery left, I am now going to bed with 10-15% under same usage.

What system apps or regular apps have you updated/installed since? I'm thinking it might have been Extras+Info. I know I also updated LinkedIn and a couple of others that I cant remember, but the background processes have remained the same.

cesar ruiz1

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I still get over 15 hours of normal to heavy use on my Lumia 1520 but yes there is an app or 2 who drinks the battery, I use Nokia mixradio 3 to 4 hours a day, weave newsreader beta alot daily, vimeo, WP central, 6tag, Facebook beta, those are my most used apps daily.

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue as well
:.it was a rogue app ...deleting it solved the problem for me

A good way to keep an eye on things is to ensure that your standby drain is near zero

Jmac28040

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
My phone seems to do it now and then, but rebooting usually stops it, my 920 did the same thing

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

vipstheeccentric

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am also facing severe battery drain with my Lumia 1520.
I hardly get more than 10 hours battery life with moderate use. With heavy use like playing music and using Here Drive navigation , its even lesser.
Even standby battery drain is pretty high.

Could anyone list out a few apps that may be causing this??

Von Grass

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Yesterday I downloaded two apps: lomogram and lazylens. Today I noticed that battery drains about 10% in 45 minutes. After uninstalling those everything's fine.

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp is a horrible thing for the battery, it drains almost 1% minute. :/

Anyway, these drain-issues occurs on every WP8 device.. A shame they haven't fixed it yet

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Fully charge the phone, then use phone phone until it dies, and don't recharge at all during this period, then charge again to 100%

ivkec

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I have battery drain issue as well.
During the night, I checked my battery. It was 40% before I went to take a sleep. Plus, I turned it off and on just to ensure battery shows real status.
However, 7 hours later, when I woke up - phone was dead, battery went down to 0!
It happens to me several times and I am not sure what does cause this to happen.
I get more than two days of regular use with my phone, but these situations are really irritating. I tried with factory reset too.
I use WP 8.1 and I know it is still in beta, but, anyhow, this is unacceptable.

iampwd

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry...this isn't 1998...you don't need to do that.

In 1998 that was good for the battery itself, in 2014 it's good for calibrating the OS, but it hurts the battery so don't do it more than once a month or less. Microsoft thinks you should do it (run it below 10%) at least once a month with the Surface.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
There's an app called "Battery Performance" in the WP Store that I found very helpful in getting a handle on battery issues. I had to exchange my 1520 for a new one, because there seemed to be no way around the issue of having it hang on the "battery charging" setting after I'd taken it off the charger. The issue was not present (knock-on-wood) in the new model and battery life has been very good.

I have seen a puzzling divergence in the time it takes different charges to charge the 1520. To a greater degree, I think, than with my other devices. If your house is like mine, people are constantly poaching each other's chargers so you quickly lose track of where the original manufactures micro usb cable got to, assuming you can hold onto your Nokia outlet plug. So I'm wondering if the 1520 doesn't require a higher capacity/quality usb cable? I certainly saw this in the car as well, where, when I was using Scout GPS for a long ride, the battery wound down even on the charger. And that doesn't happen with higher end car chargers.

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same thing with my Lumia 920, only started happening two days ago.

I go to bed with around 60-70% and wake up to a dead phone. I look at the battery log on the "Battery Performance" app and it shows that the phone suddenly drains 50% of the battery within half hour half way through the night...I have not installed any new apps or changed any of my settings.

sjgore

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same thing with my Lumia 920, only started happening two days ago.

I go to bed with around 60-70% and wake up to a dead phone. I look at the battery log on the "Battery Performance" app and it shows that the phone suddenly drains 50% of the battery within half hour half way through the night...I have not installed any new apps or changed any of my settings.

I've experienced this the last two nights too, exactly as you described. Am running the updated 8.1 preview on my 1520. Nothing has changed, no new apps. I've disabled Cortana, will see if that makes any difference tonight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans