READY TO BUY ? INTERNATIONAL OR ATT VERSION or WAIT

L I N A D L

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
IM READY TO JOIN THE 1520 COMMUNITY.

just unsure if i should purchase the international or ATT model ...... or should i really just hold out til January in hopes of Rogers variant

I Really want my 32gb internal storage ..... but ATT ISNT SPEAKING . nor is Roger interested ....

What do you guys think ? what would you do?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I would go for the international version has Wireless charging inbuilt.

Edit: Has got microSD. :p

Last edited:

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
BIGPADDY - You're off on that. The AT&T model has a MicroSD expansion slot. :)

The AT&T model's limits are:

No Qi charging (PMA wireless charging via a shell/case)

16GB storage onboard, not 32GB - this is the worst part.

Even considering those limitations, I do rather like my yellow 1520 (AT&T / RM-940) model.

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
AT&T version sucks, get the RM-937, it's much better. Qi wireless is a godsend and having that 32 GB of internal storage is very important. I've already used up a lot of it so I couldn't imagine only having 12GB usable. I don't miss having LTE either, the speeds I get with HSPA+ are more than enough for HD video streaming:

6091628.png

L I N A D L

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
thats exactly what im beating myself over... what town and state ? im in jersey in very populated areas. so im guessin the hspa+ (4g?) is fast enough right ?

L I N A D L

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
WELL ,, NOW THAT IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE .... makes me want to hold out now idk... i swear ATT better not mess with its 32gb by taking out the micro sd slot. my patience is running so thin

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
And that lte speed is capped so its completely pointless. Better off using WiFi for large downloads. HSPA+ does hd video streaming perfectly so lte is nearly useless with bandwidth caps. You're better off with 32 gb internal storage and qi wireless rather than being stuck with a gimped phone. OP, for T-Mobile another user on this forum reported HSPA+ speeds that are much faster than what AT&T gets if you're in a refarmed area.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
In the end, it's the OP's call as to what he wants. Each phone is crippled in its way. The RM-938, when/if it releases, will bring a true "full" experience for 1520 users on AT&T.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos