Battery life is fantastic!

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Having owned a Lumia 920 I have to say the battery life on the 1520 has blown me away so far. No longer do I have those mystery battery drains where it appears the phone just short circuited the battery for unknown reasons.

Today I thought I had my first issue when I saw my phone was at 50%. It turned out my charger had been unplugged. So it never even charged last night.

The 1520 holds up to heavy use and just keeps on going.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I have an issue with mine but I have it on full screen brightness and about 30 min after being unplugged from a full charge its at about 95% battery with "1 day remaining". I also have the setting on to save my location periodically.

Does this sound like an issue?

lumianut

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
My battery life on my 1520 has kicked *** so far even when playing dungeon hunter 4. I would let your phone completely discharge the battery then charge it back up to full, that seems to help.

mofoliar

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
after hearing all this good battery life, i cant wait to get mine... should be here by tomorrow....got a case for it! Yellow!!

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I am on full battery. Pulled it off the charger. Shows 100% with 12 hours remaining. I did a soft reset and it still shows the same. Anyone else seeing similar? Last night was my first full discharge as well. I've only had the phone 3 days though. So not sure if it takes a few days or a week to start improving.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I get 2 days on mine easy, Lundon. I actually did out of the box.. so if you go a whole week with battery life that bad, then I'd trade it in for a new one.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I am on full battery. Pulled it off the charger. Shows 100% with 12 hours remaining. I did a soft reset and it still shows the same. Anyone else seeing similar? Last night was my first full discharge as well. I've only had the phone 3 days though. So not sure if it takes a few days or a week to start improving.
No, mine was good from the start. I could be biased by having had two Lumia 920s.

Perhaps, it just needs to get some usage patterns down before the estimates settle? I actually never looked at that, I just went by where it was at the end of the day.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If you are seeing poor battery life on this phone, either you have a rogue app or a bad phone. I have been consistently been getting almost two full days of use out of mine before I need to charge it (not before it dies).

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys.. I'll keep an eye on it. I consider myself a power user in terms in most respects. I don't make a lot of calls but I do surf and stream a lot of video. I play games as well on it and check emails, use whatsapp and read my rss feeds throughout the day. I pulled it off a full charge at 11:30am yesterday and it lasted till about 1:30am before it died. I use mine at full screen brightness and I have enabled the option to track my phone's location in the Find My Phone setting. I have bluetooth and NFC turned off all the time. 2 email accounts are synced "as items arrive" and my only enabled background tasks are Amazing Weather HD, das Image, Fuse, Metrotube, My Stocks Portfolio, Twitter, Viber and Whatsapp.

I'll see how long it lasts through a day without charging I guess.

Westoncreg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm a heavy user two I play games for about 2-4 hours off charger a day (angry birds go has me hooked -.-) and I last till late at night with using it for Facebook, twitter, surfing, texting, and 6snap all day long only had it die on me twice lol so if you use it overly heavy like me your probably right on track :p

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm a heavy user two I play games for about 2-4 hours off charger a day (angry birds go has me hooked -.-) and I last till late at night with using it for Facebook, twitter, surfing, texting, and 6snap all day long only had it die on me twice lol so if you use it overly heavy like me your probably right on track :p

So maybe we're in a similar boat then. I would say based on my use it's probably pretty close to lasting as long as my 920. Could be slightly longer though.

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Im now at 3 days and 18 hours since last charge. 34% still remaining.

Not heavy use but Still really Amazing battery life. 😊

Sent from my RM-937_eu_finland_202 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20131217_0002.png
    wp_ss_20131217_0002.png
    269 KB · Views: 6

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Im now at 3 days and 18 hours since last charge. 34% still remaining.

Not heavy use but Still really Amazing battery life. 

Sent from my RM-937_eu_finland_202 using Tapatalk

I'm a bit curious how you only dropped 20% in a day. Did you power your phone off or have in airplane mode most of the day?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo