Is this phone good for gaming?

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone using this phone for doing a lot of gaming? Would you recommend it for that? Thinking of upgrading from the 920.

Do all the games work ok with the phone having 1080p screen resolution, or are some not compatible?

Does it have the option to set the screen to never timeout?

Veett

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
It's quite safe to say that this is best WP8 phone for gaming :). I didnt enjoy gaming with L920 but after getting 1520 I've been playing quite a bit. Larger screen does wonders :). I have played huge amount of games from store and everything has worked without issues of anykind. Playing SNES+GBA emulators works well too thanks to screen size...on smaller screen playing with touchscreen can be a bit annoying in some games. Only thing I can do is recommend this device!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Although some games don't take full advantage of the 1080p, it is still an amazing gaming experience. And that 6 inch screen is great for gaming and watching. videos!

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
All run fine, been trying the higher end stuff and all good.

Just need more of them :) bit shocked Nokia not pushing for new games to come out faster on their phone.....but MS will no doubt take over soon and start putting loads of games out.

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Asphalt 8 looks really different on this device. Bejeweled Live + also doesn't stutter anymore.

My comparison between Lumia 1520 and 1020.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_sea_206 using Tapatalk

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
The 1520 has an evenly sized and thinner bevel at the top and bottom unlike many of the other Lumias.
This makes a noticeable difference when you're playing games that use on screen buttons for movement, jump, etc.

In Uno With Friends I haven't once yet selected the wrong card by accident.
Something that oddly happens more frequently when playing on my girlfriends Surface.

dropofdreams

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
The 1520 does indeed perform well for gaming. This is due to a few different things in its favor. First off, the screen size. It makes for an excellent media/gaming experience with its 6 inch goodness and 1080 glory. Keep in mind however that the size can work against you too in regards to muscle fatigue. Also, the sharp corners don't do you any favors. Additionally, you have the GPU itself. It performs flawlessly with everything I've thrown at it. The battery on board will keep you going for quite a bit as well. It might get a little on the warm side however.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo