Using the international version of Lumia 1520 (RM-937 ) on T-mobile USA?

ThePKReddy

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Plus the other benefit of the unlocked unbranded international version is not being at the mercy of carriers for software updates. Still waiting for Black on my tmo 925

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why the hype about Qi wireless. I don't really need it or wish for it. The only thing that would be nice if we have more options in term of storage, other than 16GB on AT&T. Also the AT&T version is optimized for their GSM network, so the international may got a substantial nice hardware, it lack the LTE options on the American network which to me is really pointless to pay so much for a phone that you will not be able to use with LTE.

I've grown to enjoy the convenience of wireless charging. Since I use a stand on my end table at home and a plate at work, I had no desire to either a. switch over to the PMA standard and have to purchase new hardware, or b. give up on something I enjoy. Furthermore, at the time, the AT&T version only came with 16GB of internal storage, vs. 32GB. While I do plan on picking up a 64GB micro SD card to hold my photos, etc., I do find that I am turning into a little bit of a gamer and have also added more media applications. In addition, there are some productivity apps that I have not used previously that I am using now, so it is likely I will use more storage. Data caps & the cost of on-contract service has also led me to change my habits. I rely more on wireless (connecting at home, work, and pretty much everywhere else I frequent) than I ever did on LTE, and I've moved my service from AT&T to Aio. My LTE allotment is only 250MB as opposed to the 4GB shared I had on AT&T, but I'm paying $80 total per month for my wife and I, which is half of what our AT&T bill was. HSPA+ is fast enough for audio over cellular. Lastly, I like being totally free of carrier branding and restrictions.

mo7amed7ared

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Dear 5150 Joker, I really want to buy the RM-937 - global version, but I don't know where. Please, give me a link to buy it from. I live in Nebraska. Thanks a million.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Dear 5150 Joker, I really want to buy the RM-937 - global version, but I don't know where. Please, give me a link to buy it from. I live in Nebraska. Thanks a million.

Check eBay . I bought my phone for just under $600. I also just switched to T-Mobile, and my 3G/HSPA+ speeds are 8MB+

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes