Hey everyone,

I'm pretty pissed that my Xbox One lost the ability to play music while gaming so now my only way to play my music is through DLNA from my phone, tablet, or PC to my smart tv or Xbox One. That's all fine and dandy but my sole goal is to be able to stream music to my home theatre receiver while playing Xbox. I bought this bluetooth/NFC receiver called the HomeSpot NFC-enabled Bluetooth Audio Receiver BTADP-233 which is a piece of junk. It plugs into my aux port on my receiver but the NFC doesn't work on it and it just pairs by bluetooth. It works from no more than 10 feet away before cutting in and out. And when it's streaming the volume is very low even with my phone on full volume. I have to turn it up to almost the max volume on my receiver.

I'm looking for a quick, inexpensive (less than $70) solution if possible. I'm having my b'day party Saturday and people are expecting loud music and some Xbox One to be going on lol. I guess on option would be a male to male aux cable from my phone into my home theatre but then my phone has to be physically connected to it all night.
    12-16-2013 05:40 PM
    If you're definitely after one with NFC for pairing and Bluetooth, here's one off Amazon I saw with some good reviews: Amazon.com: Bolse NFC Enabled Bluetooth Music Receiver - Bluetooth wireless audio receiver: Car Electronics

However if it's not such a biggie to have NFC, I've heard very good things about this Belkin one: Amazon.com: Bolse NFC Enabled Bluetooth Music Receiver - Bluetooth wireless audio receiver: Car Electronics and some of my friends have it and it works pretty well
    12-17-2013 01:12 AM
    Awesome thanks! I'll definitely check those out and perhaps give one a try.
    12-17-2013 01:30 AM
    Allgoods!! Do tell me which one you went with - I missed AirPlay coming from iOS and I was planning on getting the HomeSpot until I saw your post :P
    12-17-2013 01:34 AM
    Well here's the update. While both you're options were excellent choices I made a more logical choice and walked 4 min to my local Future Shop for the heck of it. Time was a factor for me so I was concerned that ordering online I might get stuck without anything for the weekend and my birthday party is Saturday so the time factor was a priority. Future Shop had 2 options. One was a Rocketfish Wireless Bluetooth receiver for $59.99. A bit on the pricey side. The second option was essentially the same thing from Philips: Philips Bluetooth Hi-Fi Adapter (AEA2000/37) : Bluetooth Home Audio - Future Shop

I went with the Philips strictly due to the price. The Rocketfish receiver I did notice had an optical port on it. Not bad, but in my case I didn't need it. I took it home right away, hooked it up and it works much better than the HomeSpot receiver. The main difference being the volume level on the Philips was closer to where it should be if I was streaming by DNLA. And the range was significantly better on the Philips. I walked around my entire unit and it only broke signal for a moment while I was in the kitchen behind a wall 20 feet away. I'm likely going to keep it. Probably doesn't help you much though..
    12-17-2013 11:08 AM
    Not that I have anything against this but rocketfish isn't really something I'd go for anyway. As a last ditch, you do what you gotta do but they are bottom of the barrel rebranded best buy products. Support should you ever need it is dismal at best. If the Phillips does what you need it to, stick with it. Glad you got it worked out. PS, happy birthday.
    12-19-2013 06:06 AM
    Not that I have anything against this but rocketfish isn't really something I'd go for anyway. As a last ditch, you do what you gotta do but they are bottom of the barrel rebranded best buy products. Support should you ever need it is dismal at best. If the Phillips does what you need it to, stick with it. Glad you got it worked out. PS, happy birthday.
    Yeah the one I bought for $29.99 seems to do the job. Wasn't looking for anything too fancy anyway. And thanks for the bday wishes!
    12-19-2013 10:10 AM
    HomeSpot bluetooth receiver is just for generic usage. I suggest you get some new product with extended range and good quality sound
    • 1.Grace Digital GDI-BTAR502 Digital Integrated Stereo Amplifier
    • 2.BrightPlay Home HD Bluetooth 4.0 Music Receiver/Adapter with apt-X Technology for CD Quality Sound
    • 3.Satechi Bluetooth Music Receiver with NFC and HD apt-X

these are all Bluetooth HD music receiver you can find detailed reviews in this website
    01-28-2014 01:11 AM
    I wish I could help out, but I'm a Sonos guy at home. These options do sound good.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    01-28-2014 01:40 AM