8.1, will we get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
What you've done there is miss the word "when" out. Of course we'll get it, it's an update for every WP8 user, "when" is down to your network provider.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
If the OP was an Android user before, the immediate expectation is that it wouldn't be made available so as to encourage users to junk their old but perfectly good hardware into landfill and buy another. Rude, I know, but that's the Google way it seems. No further reason required.

OP, don't be worried. It works differently here. Unless there is a real hardware reason to deny the upgrade, you'll get it. That is unless you are with AT&T in the US I hear, as according to this forum they hate all their customers. In the UK though (and almost everywhere else) you will get the update unless your hardware truly can't run it.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
If the OP was an Android user before, the immediate expectation is that it wouldn't be made available so as to encourage users to junk their old but perfectly good hardware into landfill and buy another. Rude, I know, but that's the Google way it seems. No further reason required.
<snip>
My Sony Xperia V was the flagship last year. Sony announced it's not getting any further update. Screw Sony.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
My Sony Xperia V was the flagship last year. Sony announced it's not getting any further update. Screw Sony.

That seems to be a trend with most Android manufacturers (speaking from personal experience). I think HTC also dumped some of the phones they released last year.

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I have no doubts if we will get it, i'm more curious when we will get it. As of now, all info indicates that WP8.1 will get showcased in april 2014 on their developer conference which puts the OTA deployment in July-August 2014 time frame ... So, kind of eight months from now ... Too early to get excited about it ...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Join the preview program to get early updates. Problem solved.

Will 8.1 be available this way? That would sure be nice! I always wondered why phone updates have to go through the manufacturer and the carrier. The preview program makes sense to me. Our PC's all get updates at the same time, regardless of OEM, ISP, or anything else.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
*cough*WindowsPhone7*cough*

Two things. See a doctor. And stick to Andriod.

Let's see if you can spot a pattern... Windows Phone 7, Windows Phone 8, Windows Phone 8.1

Now utilizing nothing but common sense do you think the relationship between WP7:WP8 is the same as WP8:WP8.1? Take your time. Use some scratch paper if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion