20 FREE Nokia 1520s at MSFT store w/ new contract on 12/18

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Are any of you guys going to get the free Nokia Lumia 1520 tomorrow at the MSFT store? Do you think it will be as crazy as the Dell Venue 8 Pro debacle? I think since it involves signing up for a new contract that might put off a number of people. After all you could easily flip the Dell Venue 8 Pro for a $50 to $100 profit. On the other hand since MSFT has been doing these deals for days word may have spread. But I'm sure a lot of people that really wanted this phone got in on the $99 online offer or $100 trade in offer.

So are you guys going to line up really early or just a little early?

2cyi70o.jpg

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
There is already a thread talking about this.
Like you said, contract might put off some people, like me. Cause I always buy phone outright and unfortunately there is no discount to buy the phone outright.

TotalLamer

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
There is already a thread talking about this.
Like you said, contract might put off some people, like me. Cause I always buy phone outright and unfortunately there is no discount to buy the phone outright.

Yes there is.

$15/month discount for "bring your own device" or an AT&T Next plan.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I called my local Microsoft kiosk in the mall and was told to show up at 7am. Well I got here at 7am and the only other person here is the MSFT employee setting up! This is definitely not going to be a Dell Venue repeat. I'm pissed that the MSFT employee I spoke to BSed me. The only reason I called was because they could have assessed demand after the Lumia 1020 sale a few days ago. Anyway better than missing the sale I suppose.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
After wasting hours ended up not getting the phone. at&t, who I confirmed my upgrade eligibility with before going to the mall, reneged. They were the @$$holes who first brought up the idea of giving me a free early upgrade! They said they would make a note on my account regarding the eligibility. Well when I went to get my phone this morning the story changed. After realizing they massively inconvenienced me they suggested that they would sell me the phone for a discount from their online store. I agreed and left the mall a lot less angry. As I was getting ready to pay for my phone the at&t representative reneged again! WTF?! She raised the price of the phone. I told her she and her company were highly unprofessional and I hung up. Unbelievable.

They won't be able to give away 20 of these. I was there for hours and they couldn't give away one.

Meanwhile I log into my account online and for months it has said "you are eligible for an early upgrade to the iphone 5s." Another example of why Windows Phone lags behind iphone.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa