Hello,

I just received my AT&T Lumia 1520 and it works great. However, it won't read any microSD cards and it is quite frustrating. I have tried with 3 different, all from SanDisk, 2 Ultra (64 and 8 GB) and a "normal" 32 GB.
    All of them were formatted in exFAT and FAT in a iMac.

The odd thing is that whenever I put a microSD card the phone seems a bit irresponsive. For instance, Whatsapp hangs when I try to enter the settings and when I turn the phone off it takes much more time to do it and to turn back on. When I remove the card, everything runs ok.

In phone "storage" settings, it shows SD card but everything is greyed out.

Unfortunately I purchased the phone from a reliable seller on eBay (I live in Mexico where the phone has not been released yet), so I wonder whether you experienced the same or there is something I am not doing right.

Many thanks in advance for all your help.

Cheers.
    12-17-2013 01:29 PM
    Did you try reading from the memory card in a computer or a device? which would confirm that the card doesn't have issues.
    I know you tried 3-4 different cards, but just suggesting.
    12-17-2013 01:52 PM
    You don't need to format micro SD card. Power down your phone and plug card in straight from the package. Thats how it worker for me. Boot your phone and then it prompts you to if you want change your pictures and videos to be saved on SD-card. Easy as that.
    12-17-2013 01:54 PM
    @Alienhead, tried already and all three cards work well with the computer.
    @Kissanviikset, tried that too, but when I turn the phone back on it won't prompt nothing. Actually the booting process (AT&T logo, Nokia logo, Windows Phone screen, home) takes more than 4 minutes with he card inside.
    12-17-2013 02:17 PM
    Return the phone to AT&T and go grab another to be safe.
    12-17-2013 03:13 PM
    Unfortunately I purchased this through ebay as I live in Mexico. Tried with a 4GB Kingston microsd and nothing. The phone takes ages to boot, it looks like it tries to read the card.
    12-17-2013 04:07 PM
    Check if this helps, go to settings > phone storage > SD Card > and in it try to format your card. And then see if it recognizes
    12-17-2013 04:38 PM
    Thank you Manomic, but as I stated, all options for SD card are greyed out. No way to format or remove.
    12-17-2013 05:17 PM
    oops.. my bad.. I did not read the whole post.. sorry...
    12-17-2013 05:35 PM
    plz tell me if you have resolve your problem because i too have the same issues??!!!
    04-17-2014 09:55 PM
    Backup everything n restore to factory settings, I had this issue but did a full reset for 8.1 and now me SanDisk Extreme Plus runs butter smooth, full HD video stutterless, apps on card run, etc.
    Edit: Reset with card out
    04-17-2014 11:47 PM
    Also make sure the connection on your card is clean and that it doesn't misalign in the tray as you're inserting it.
    04-17-2014 11:50 PM
    I made a thread about this. Same exact issue. I sent it out to Nokia, took them 6 days (including shipping times). They were not able to fix the problem, but they replaced the phone. It is now working flawlessly. HOWEVER, if you have an unlocked phone (which I did), the replacement phone you get will be locked to ATT again. Not a big deal, but the hassle to have ATT unlock it is a pain. I got it unlocked through ATT again, and am happily using the phone on Tmobile. Other than that, stellar service from Nokia. Fast shipping (they shipped it next day Fed Ex) and helpful employees.

Best of Luck.

plz tell me if you have resolve your problem because i too have the same issues??!!!
    04-18-2014 05:54 PM
    Hi there,

Yes, my problem was with the phone itself and I had to replace it.

Cheers.
    04-21-2014 05:21 PM
    I have nokia 521 reformatted the card and it still does not read it what am I doing wong please help
    08-09-2014 08:41 PM
    I have nokia 521 reformatted the card and it still does not read it what am I doing wong please help
    Go up 4 post from yours and do that. As long as you're sure your card works this should get your phone working again.
    One more thing you can try before resetting your phone is to put the card in and see if the files app can see your card. If it can a rest will fix everything.
    08-10-2014 07:30 AM
    Hello,

I just received my AT&T Lumia 1520 and it works great. However, it won't read any microSD cards and it is quite frustrating. I have tried with 3 different, all from SanDisk, 2 Ultra (64 and 8 GB) and a "normal" 32 GB.
    All of them were formatted in exFAT and FAT in a iMac.

The odd thing is that whenever I put a microSD card the phone seems a bit irresponsive. For instance, Whatsapp hangs when I try to enter the settings and when I turn the phone off it takes much more time to do it and to turn back on. When I remove the card, everything runs ok.

In phone "storage" settings, it shows SD card but everything is greyed out.

Unfortunately I purchased the phone from a reliable seller on eBay (I live in Mexico where the phone has not been released yet), so I wonder whether you experienced the same or there is something I am not doing right.

Many thanks in advance for all your help.

Cheers.
    This might indicate the previous card was pulled, without being dismounted ??

Do you know what the SDcard setting says, if you boot the phone without an SDcard ? If possible (not greyed out), click remove SD card ...
    Do a soft reset (POWER & VOLUME DOWN together, hold until it vibrates) or (hold POWER button until it vibrates), check Storage Sense ...
    then Shutdown & mount card, power back up.
    08-10-2014 07:45 AM