Broken Screen

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
It really sucks that the first cell phone screen I have ever had break has to be on my 1520. These should be repairable right? Any tips or info would be great. The screen works so i am guessing it is just the digitizer that needs fixed.

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I just decided to get a case for it, never have used a case on any phone, but had a feeling this would be different. anyway went to get out of a car in the dark and forgot that it was on my lap and not in my pocket and down she went all the way to the asphault screen down. i have already found a replacement digitizer as the lcd still works. I am just researching how easy it is to seperate the digitizer from the lcd.

Matts4313

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
:unhappy:

I can relate. I have owned ~20 cell phones now and have broken exactly 1. What was it? A brand new windows phone. How did I do it? Getting out of the car with the phone in my lap - it fell and hit a rock.

manomic

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I broke the screen of my lumia 928 exactly the same way... while researching i found this through the Nokia Website(would be useful if you are in the US), Palco Cell Phone Repair. They would be the official repair partner for Nokia. In case you do not find a way to get yours repaired you can check with them. For now I don't see a 1520 in the estimate page but just contact them and see.
I don't know about their service coz I bought a lumia 1520 as the cost to repair the 928 was $200 but there were options to buy a new one close to $300.

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I found the chinese company that makes the digitizers and it looks like they may send me a new one for $20 bucks and i will try and do it myself, it will be touph as it is so new there are not a lot of recources out there. wish me luck

manomic

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I found the chinese company that makes the digitizers and it looks like they may send me a new one for $20 bucks and i will try and do it myself, it will be touph as it is so new there are not a lot of recources out there. wish me luck
Wow! can you give me their contact too? I want a digitizer for my 928.. would be really helpful... :) If you can post here can you pm me?

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Talked with them a little more and the only way to get it here is to pay $30 shipping wich pushes it to the same price I can get it on eBay.

manomic

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Talked with them a little more and the only way to get it here is to pay $30 shipping wich pushes it to the same price I can get it on eBay.
oh ok! bummer.. anyways I cant see any digitizer without the OLED panel anywhere for 928.. and everything costs around $200

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
That's weird I looked for that to. Couldn't find anything except the whole screen unit, I wonder if it is the way they are manufactured?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss