Nano to micro sim adaptor?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Anyone using a nano to micro sim adaptor? How often do you swap between phones?

I want to purchase a good quality with good fit adaptor, because I just purchased a 1520 and plan on switching back and forth with either my 1020 or 920. I'll probably give my 1020 to wifey and take back the 920. I figure I need a good quality adaptor if I'm going to pop out the sim often.

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I ordered an adapter from Amazon, but I honestly haven't been switching my SIM card around at all. I did test it though and it works. Just don't put the empty adapter in to the SIM tray of the 1020 or it could get stuck I'm guessing.All it is is a film on the back that keeps the card in place, so you have to orient it while inserting so the SIM card won't fall out.Amazon.com: 4 in 1 Sim Card Converter Adapter Kit Nano to Micro/Standard For Apple iPhone 5 4S 4G (WHITE) + Sim Tray Opener: Cell Phones & Accessories

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I ordered an adapter from Amazon, but I honestly haven't been switching my SIM card around at all.

My 1520 gets delivered tomorrow. I'm kind of expecting to go back and forth for different situations. Like when I dress up a little, my pants tend to be more fitted as opposed to my casual, everyday loose jeans. I'd imagine this phone wont be comfortable with certain clothes. But, I haven't actually used the phone yet, so it might not be as bad.

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I've actually found the 1520 to be very pocketable (is that a word? If not, I'm claiming it). It's VERY slim, just longer really. I find it to fit better in pants pockets than the 1020.

I'm actually thinking of making my 1020 a media player/camera. But I'm finding it's completely weird to go back to it after having used the 1520. It feels so...tiny. LOL.

Enjoy! I haven't regretted it myself.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I've actually found the 1520 to be very pocketable (is that a word? If not, I'm claiming it). It's VERY slim, just longer really. I find it to fit better in pants pockets than the 1020.

I'm actually thinking of making my 1020 a media player/camera. But I'm finding it's completely weird to go back to it after having used the 1520. It feels so...tiny. LOL.

Enjoy! I haven't regretted it myself.
I'm hoping that is the case!

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
i ruined my Lumia 1020 using a sim adapter. the sim card came loose from the adapter and wedged the tray in there ... used many tools to try and get the tray out ... ended up having to send it back to Nokia. Maybe my sim adapter was not that great but i would never take a chance with one again.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
My 1520 gets delivered tomorrow. I'm kind of expecting to go back and forth for different situations. Like when I dress up a little, my pants tend to be more fitted as opposed to my casual, everyday loose jeans. I'd imagine this phone wont be comfortable with certain clothes. But, I haven't actually used the phone yet, so it might not be as bad.

My new 1520 gets delivered tomorrow too. i am very excited. i hope tracking is correct. Its moving too slow. it is coming from Hollywood Florida to Orlando ... i could have walked it here by now.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
My new 1520 gets delivered tomorrow too. i am very excited. i hope tracking is correct. Its moving too slow. it is coming from Hollywood Florida to Orlando ... i could have walked it here by now.
I just checked tracking on amazon, and it says that it left the facility earlier today and is on its way to the carrier. No updates after that. I'm not going to hold my breath for estimated delivery of tomorrow. 😞

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
i ruined my Lumia 1020 using a sim adapter. the sim card came loose from the adapter and wedged the tray in there ... used many tools to try and get the tray out ... ended up having to send it back to Nokia. Maybe my sim adapter was not that great but i would never take a chance with one again.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of! I've read similar reviews on amazon.

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Wow that really a hop skip and a jump away from one another. It seems like the closer they are to you the longer it takes.

Sent from my C6802 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
If you have to cut your card, be sure to not file it too much. You want it to fit in the adapter snuggly.
I got a cheap adapter that came with the cutter, but there are some high end adapters available if you want to "improve" your odds.
I have not switched since I put the SIM in the N1520. Can't bear to leave it home. I want to show it off!
But it is not pocket able, without risk.
BTW, checkout Pocketables.com Great site.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I heard adapters get stuck on Lumias. I just requested a new sim from my carrier and just waited for 10 minutes, no extra cost

Edit: Oh. Sorry, you'll be switching phones.. I use the cut part of my sim as an adapter, I think it's the best option.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone using a nano to micro sim adaptor? How often do you swap between phones?

I want to purchase a good quality with good fit adaptor, because I just purchased a 1520 and plan on switching back and forth with either my 1020 or 920. I'll probably give my 1020 to wifey and take back the 920. I figure I need a good quality adaptor if I'm going to pop out the sim often.

Careful with those - I've killed two phones with these already. They SIM often comes lose when it's in the phone and the next time you pull it out, it'll break off the SIM contacts. Depending on the manufacturer, that's a 70-150$ repair. Samsung did it for 70 (S4), Nokia wanted 150 (Lumia 920).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium