Update

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I thought the same thing.... Typing appears to be better... Let's hope. Now just to get the random dimming fixed and we are gold

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

Kha Bui

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
- Daily delighters: lock the screen rotation, close apps easily in the app switcher, use custom ringtones for messaging and mail, among other things
- Update to Nokia Camera that combines Nokia Smart Camera and Nokia Pro Camera. Available from the Store app.
- Get the latest version of Nokia Glance Screen – see quick status notifications, for example, about calendar and messaging events on the lock screen.
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE – preserve energy while staying connected via Bluetooth
- Get enriched camera performance, enhanced battery monitoring, and other stability and usability improvements
just found this on Slashgear :)

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
So after a day, is there any one on the AT&T update that is 100% tap issue free? its just on Nokia forum one guy said it was fine for 12hrs....but now the tap issue is showing up again.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
- Daily delighters: lock the screen rotation, close apps easily in the app switcher, use custom ringtones for messaging and mail, among other things
- Update to Nokia Camera that combines Nokia Smart Camera and Nokia Pro Camera. Available from the Store app.
- Get the latest version of Nokia Glance Screen – see quick status notifications, for example, about calendar and messaging events on the lock screen.
- Get enriched camera performance, enhanced battery monitoring, and other stability and usability improvements

What about poor call quality and CRAPPY video recording? This is such a great devices, but these 2 issues are major flaws, which Nokia has to seriously overcome it.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I understand some bugs are overlooked, but these two main issues you would find if you used it for 1hr, I mean who tested it? do they not pay lots of money to people who put these things together and test run them.

The touch thing they would find within one hour of just testing the screen, and the HD camera quality in low light....well around 2 to 3 seconds.

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Irrelevant for the 1520. This refers to the Black&GDR3 update which the 1520 shipped with. The firmware update released has got nothing to do with this!

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
So after a day, is there any one on the AT&T update that is 100% tap issue free? its just on Nokia forum one guy said it was fine for 12hrs....but now the tap issue is showing up again.

I've never had an issue with tapping and swiping.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Brian Richman

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Back on topic:

I got the update late yesterday pushed to my phone. Took a bit of time to D/L over WiFi (slower than LTE) but it installed OK.

As others have said, this is NOT the black or GDR3 update as the 1520 is shipped with those already installed.

Interesting that even the Nokia web site for the phone http://www.nokia.com/us-en/support/product/lumia1520/# has NOTHING of value or any detail about this latest firmware update.

I also got a few apps updated yesterday, just before the new firmware came out...

Last edited:

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
My Nokia just arrived today and after I finished adding a my email etc, I got the message about the update so being I never used the phone before I don't know if it is any different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3