Slow charging?

numetheus

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with slow charging with their Lumia 1520? It took 26 minutes to go from 75 to 76% battery. This is much slower than my 920 and 1020. I'm using the charger supplied with the phone.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
It is definitely a slower charging phone. It's got a MUCH bigger battery. Try to just plan on having on the charger every night, even though it usually goes 2 days... just to make sure you have a full day's use.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the international version and after reading a few user reviews I was a bit sad that this phone would be sat on charge for ages, but it turns out it very fast to charge.

Right now its plugged in to my pc keyboard feeding of its power to charge, and my stats say its going up 13% per hour....just off usb, and wifi is turned on.

I did read that the fast charge works with this version, I did hear that the AT&T does not have this enabled.

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
There was a thread about this before ...your phone should charge at a rate of about 50%/per hour when using the stock charger ...if you are getting something substantially less than that then your device is defective

LiveTilesRus

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
No, the 1520, like the 1020 charges incredibly fast. But..... there can be issues which I think are OS related.

The OS is heavily involved in the management of charging the device. After all, the device will not charge unless powered on and booted right?

On my 1520 I have actually plugged in the charger cable and came back 30 minutes later only to realized that the phone wasn't even indicating that it was plugged in (battery icon with charge symbol e.g.). This only happened once. Now I wait a few seconds to verify the phone recognizes the charger before I walk away after plugging in.

So if you're having charging issues could be time for a reboot.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Hmm.. mine definitely doesn't charge 50% in an hour, but it also doesn't go nearly as slow as 1% every half an hour...

numetheus

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I ended up trying a friend's charging block, and it did a much better job at charging. Fast like you guys confirmed. The one that came with my unit is exactly the same and charges very ... Very slow. Haven't had a chance yet, but going to take this back and hopefully they will just give me a new charger and not try and swap the entire package.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

neokia

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Mine was doing the same thing, I changed the charger with another charger from my old phone and it charged 🔋 way faster like 75% in 3 hours. I think the factory chargers/usb cable are either defective or they give default chargers for all their phones.

Anand Haridas

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a new lumia 1520 and facing the same issue. I just changed the charger and tried using the one that came with my HTC desire 816. And its working fine now. Wonder if its an issue with the lumia charger. Wonder if i should get the charger replaced.

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Mine charges rapidly (3-4 hours tops) with speeds as fast as 32% per hour but I can only achieve that using genuine Nokia usb cables and outlet plugs. I get a slow charge notification using other plug outlets (even though I use the Nokia USB cable). My problem is with the Qi wireless power mat. I damaged my 920's wireless charging system due to too much tinkering with the phone (removing the skin to attempt a screen replacement). It shows speeds of up to 29% per hour charging my 1520 but the battery capacity rarely increases. On the contrary, I can leave my 1520 on the wireless charging mat overnight and still have the same battery life I had prior to charging or less (more often the case). This also could be due to the fact that my phone is still in a rugged hard plastic protective casing. I don't know but it's weird. The only thing that charges my phone rapidly ALL the time (regardless of app use) is using the standard Nokia USB cable with the standard Nokia plug outlet thingie.

CSMR250

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
If a phone doesn't charge/is slow to charge, test with another charger.

Almost always the point of failure is the charger, and in particular the charger cable.

Since the Nokia charger has a detachable cable, just try another cable.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa