Nokia RM-937 Owner's Thread

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
It's been reported in a few other threads here. Basically, you're using the phone and all of a sudden it dims about 10%. This is not the automatic adjust or outdoor brightness, as it happens when those settings turned off.

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Ok I've been on medium brightness over two hours and the brightness hasn't changed at all.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm on wifi so much I don't notice. Plus, I live in a small town in Oklahoma that doesn't have AT&T LTE. I have a Verizon 8x that I use as a backup phone, and I must say reception and data away from home is so much better on the RM-937. I'm guessing that, despite being unlocked, the Verizon 8x doesn't have the necessary bands for AT&T data.

One thing I noticed, and maybe I just didn't pay attention with my AT&T 1520, is that the included sim tool is slightly different. The sim tray was already slid out slightly, but when I went to pop the memory card door out, I couldn't do it with my old(er) Nokia sim tool. At first I thought the door was broken, but then on a hunch I checked the included sim tool, and it worked with no problem. Putting them side by side showed the 1520 sim tool to be slightly, but importantly, longer:

WP_20131224_08_35_31_Pro.jpg

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the matte yellow to replace my 920, which has a shattered screen from being dropped on the parking lot of my building. I'm using Aio.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Guess I'll throw my name in here as well. Picked up the RM-937 version last night. My Rogers SIM works fine, Internet Sharing works, LTE speeds are decent (~35mbps down in Edmonton, Alberta), and my 64GB MicroSD seems to have no issues so far. Will have to see how it fares after more use.

ThePKReddy

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
SOrry for the double post (from another thread)...Can you guys confirm this unlocked phone works with TMOUSA? I have 925 and I'm ready to order from Amazon the unlocked (red) international version. Do you get LTE?

LeLoT3

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Tomorrow I'm getting mine...

I just bought in Amazon, Black 32GB.... So far, when I'm in the Ship, I'll use T-mobile!
After that, VIVO (Brazil) and after 2 months maybe europe (Baltic)

Sooo.. this RM 937 Will help me A LOT!!!!!

jtanigawa

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Over the past week my phone has been going straight to hell with bugs and I don't know what to do. First I'm unable to sync music to the SD card, whether I do it manually, with the WP desktop app or with Windows media player it is always unrecognized and shows up under "other" also I've made sure to reformat my SD card before each attempt. Plus my "temporary" and "system" storage is getting out of control as they are constantly growing. Attempting to clear temporary storage provides little to no relief. When I look at my memory using storage check it says I have 6.4 gb of "Office documents" when I don't have any office docs on my phone. I really don't know what to do, so I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions. I'm dreading the possibility of a hard reset. I'll attach screenshots that should clearly show my predicament.

wp_ss_20140120_0002.pngwp_ss_20140120_0003.pngwp_ss_20140120_0004.png

ezeuzo1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I've really had no issues except for quicker than expected battery drainage. I'm not sure why. People have claimed going a day and a half in between charging. I can't do that currently. I get 5 -6 Mbps down on ATT. Still curious about the RM-938 if that ever comes out. I'm really thinking about selling my RM-937 and waiting for the RM-938 just for the LTE. Though I don't think I need it.

Cliff_Viva

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Try setting the 'Highest connection speed' as 3G, instead of 4G, as anyway you will not get LTE. This will prevent the phone looking for 4G all the time. I also changed the Network selection from 'Automatic' to 'AT&T'. Hopefully, this help the battery life!

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Another RM-937 Owner here (Lumia 1520 Black - Australia). Having a few of these issues but none seem detrimental to the device usage. The biggest one for me is the touch screen bug, but also, I get intermittent network not available messages ( I am on Telstra who happen to be the leading Telco in Australia so I'm sure its the device - happened on my Lumia 920 also) So hopefully this is fixed in a minor update.

Ahoy to all you Lumia 1520ers! You've picked a great smartphone, that's for certain. :)

Chris

jbowyer1

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
The biggest one for me is the touch screen bug, but also, I get intermittent network not available messages ( I am on Telstra who happen to be the leading Telco in Australia so I'm sure its the device - happened on my Lumia 920 also

Hey Chris,

I'm using an RM-937 on Telstra in Sydney, and used a 920 with them before this. The only time I received the network not available message was when I had changed my 920's configuration in Settings -> Cellular -> Network selection to be 'Telstra Mobile' instead of 'automatic,' after which it would give me that message any time it would boot up. I've never received the message on my 1520, and didn't receive it again on my 920 after changing my Network selection choice back to automatic. Might be worth checking out.

J.R.

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Another RM-937 Hong Kong owner in Toronto, also on Rogers. Haven't seen any issues other than some occasional random reboots (about once or twice a week). I get decent LTE (2600 MHz) reception in my area so battery life isn't much of an issue so far.

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Please help. I have Lumia 1520 RM-937, the big problem I'm facing is that I can't access field test ##3282#. Any one has any idea how I can force 3g on my phone.

Sent from my RM-937_im_mea3_1019 using Tapatalk

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I've really had no issues except for quicker than expected battery drainage. I'm not sure why. People have claimed going a day and a half in between charging. I can't do that currently. I get 5 -6 Mbps down on ATT. Still curious about the RM-938 if that ever comes out. I'm really thinking about selling my RM-937 and waiting for the RM-938 just for the LTE. Though I don't think I need it.

Tested mine today. Four hours already 50% remaining. And I think it will be 0 before I left from office. That's gonna gives me 8hrs.

Sent from my RM-937_im_mea3_1019 using Tapatalk

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
My phone easily lasts me 1.5 days with active use (games, web surfing, messaging, youtube vids) and about 2 days if I'm conservative. I don't understand why some of you have such short battery lives.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2