Nokia RM-937 Owner's Thread

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried recalibrating your Lumia Color Profile in settings? A yellow tint sounds like a software/calibration error as opposed to a faulty LCD.

Especially since the production process of LCD displays has been well understood and adopted over the past few years.

Let us know how you get on.

I wouldn't be too sure he even had a 1520

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
well and the video i uploaded? also fake or stolen from some place? again, before you bash my theory, check both versions and check the difference in build quality and screen. if i took any pic from the internet the whole forum will be more happy to bust me out. Since no such evidence, take what I post as genuine.

Your thread was closed because the general consensus was that you were, shall we say stretching the truth.

I have had both my 1520.1 and my friends 1520.3 side by side and there was no difference between the two with the same settings. I am able to reproduce the yellow effect that 'your phone' was supposed to have by simply downloading or making a yellow tint photo. Look at the photos below, how yellow would you like it?

All you had to do was prove you got the phones you said you did but you couldn't, now there must me a reason for that and I know what my money is on.

Attachments

• WIN_20140702_090209.JPG
    WIN_20140702_090209.JPG
    525.3 KB · Views: 8
  • WIN_20140702_090313.JPG
    WIN_20140702_090313.JPG
    583.5 KB · Views: 8

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Got a HK Rm937 2 weeks ago. phone's great! only bug I ran into is occasional tap instead of scroll and sometimes when the screen just woke up (still on lock screen) some random taps or scrolls happen for a few seconds and it doesn't register my touches until it stops having its own mind. I use it on Rogers and signal has been great on 3G.

PS I also find this phone's WiFi signal is weaker than my 920... are all the 1520s like this?

Korlon

May 31, 2014
Visit site
i was referring for yellow tint on the screen not the images taken with lumia 1520. but if that also isn't your case, then kudos to u!

I don't have 2 1520's to compare with, what I was getting at is if there was a yellow tint to my screen I would see it be comparing the same photo between two devices.

RNG816

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I have the RM-937 running on Fido's network. Its been about 3 weeks now. Only complaint would be battery issue. If I play a game (Dungeon Hunter 4), it drains my battery like crazy. Gets pretty hot as well. Normal use, browsing, texting, light gaming, I can get about a day and a half.

Also, charging takes a long time as well. With about 30% remaining and I charge for about 6hrs, I only get to 90%+/-. Not sure if that's normal

One noob question. For wireless charging do I need to get a wireless charging case? Or can I buy a wireless charger and use it right away (without the case).

I was at an AT&T and saw their 1520 has 3 metal dots near the middle of the case and mine doesn't.

soul347

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the RM-937 running on Fido's network. Its been about 3 weeks now. Only complaint would be battery issue. If I play a game (Dungeon Hunter 4), it drains my battery like crazy. Gets pretty hot as well. Normal use, browsing, texting, light gaming, I can get about a day and a half.

Also, charging takes a long time as well. With about 30% remaining and I charge for about 6hrs, I only get to 90%+/-. Not sure if that's normal

One noob question. For wireless charging do I need to get a wireless charging case? Or can I buy a wireless charger and use it right away (without the case).

I was at an AT&T and saw their 1520 has 3 metal dots near the middle of the case and mine doesn't.

The RM-937 has wireless charging built in. Currently I am using the nokia DT-900 wireless charger and it works great. Charges just as fast as a usb charger. Also, it takes me about 3hours and 30 minutes to charge to full from perhaps 30%. 6 hours seems waaaay to long if you ask me. What charger are you using?

soul347

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
My only gripe, and it's an issue I knew about but still chose to buy the phone, is if I'm driving along the highway the phone sometimes drops calls as its switching from 3G to H+ or another frequency band. I probably would not have this issue if I got the 938 variant but I couldn't justify the almost $300 difference(got a great deal on the 937). If anyone else is on the FIDO network in Toronto, let me know if you experience the same thing.

I am running the RM-937 on the Koodo network, and I must say that reception has been just as great as when using any other phone. I never get any dropped calls and 4G speeds are very fast. Perhaps it is your network, or you are in a location that has poor reception? You might want to look into it with Fido

soul347

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to let every know I've been using the Windows 8.1 preview for a few days now it is great. I was getting impatient waiting for the official update and I realize there is pretty much no reason to really wait for it. The update is very solid. Bugs are rare and if ever they do occur they are quite minor. The phone runs so well that I highly doubt the official update will be different. Just letting you guys know just in case someone is hesitant to try the preview on their 937.

RNG816

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks soul347.

I'm using the wall charger and adapter that it came with. Perhaps the adapter is the cause of the slow charge

The RM-937 has wireless charging built in. Currently I am using the nokia DT-900 wireless charger and it works great. Charges just as fast as a usb charger. Also, it takes me about 3hours and 30 minutes to charge to full from perhaps 30%. 6 hours seems waaaay to long if you ask me. What charger are you using?

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm using mine on Rogers with no network issues. Love how I can still get LTE if needed. I looked at the 938 but for $500 the 937 was a steal and the big price difference to get the extra bands was not worth it. Wifi signal is damn strong on this device. As good as my iPad.

But it takes forever to charge though and I'm pretty sure it is because of the cheap adapter.

Just curious what is acceptable for battery drain. I lost 6% over 8 hours last night. Is that in line with what I should expect ?

soul347

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm using mine on Rogers with no network issues. Love how I can still get LTE if needed. I looked at the 938 but for $500 the 937 was a steal and the big price difference to get the extra bands was not worth it. Wifi signal is damn strong on this device. As good as my iPad.

But it takes forever to charge though and I'm pretty sure it is because of the cheap adapter.

Just curious what is acceptable for battery drain. I lost 6% over 8 hours last night. Is that in line with what I should expect ?

Also remember that it will take long to charge because it has a giant battery in it compared to most phones. My wireless charger can charge my lumia 920 in blazing fast speed, while my 1520 will take 2-4 hours. It doesn't bother me considering how much juice this thing can hold.

6% over 8 hours sounds fine. What I find with my 1520 is that the first 10% drains extremely fast for some reason. After that, the battery lasts long. After a work day of medium to heavy use, I rarely ever go below 50%. The 1520's battery is one of the highest selling points because you'll find that no matter what you throw at it, you'll probably never run out of battery by the end of the day.

Prasad Abhang

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I m also own RM-937 but i really don't have any issue with my L1520. It is running smoothly. Screen issues are fixed bu the small updates according to Nokia.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe WP8.1DP is to blame, but I am also enjoying crazy battery drain for no reason whatsoever. This is with nothing running as far as I can tell.

MS really should add an advanced mode in battery saver where they show which process (not just apps) has used what actual percentage of the battery capacity since last charge.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
My video has gone to ****. When I film it records jerky almost spastic frames even in bright light. Any suggestions? Photos are excellent. Video is horrible. 😞

Edit... If you drop the frame rate to 24 the video is much better. Try it!

Last edited:

DeShawn Fairbairn

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
No one has recieved the update with the RM-937 version the country variant as it is called. Hong Kong has to update us on 8.1 also if you do some research we do NOT get Cortana off the bat as its made generally for english speaking countries and canadians. The process is under testing however, so we can expect something soon .

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Please post here when/if anyone gets 8.1 on RM-937.

No one has recieved the update with the RM-937 version the country variant as it is called. Hong Kong has to update us on 8.1 also if you do some research we do NOT get Cortana off the bat as its made generally for english speaking countries and canadians. The process is under testing however, so we can expect something soon .

L_A_Curry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey. I have a HK 1520 got about a month ago. My network+ finally shows my voice call counter after I used the software recovery and updated n+. I updated n+ when I first got phone but it didn't show up til after recovery (I had to resort to ##634# to see counter). Anyway, it always shows 00:00:00 before recovery after recovery, and now. Does anyone else have this problem. My 920 counter was fine. Does anyone know what this means? Also, after flashing HK, does the problem still exist? Thanks guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon