Nokia RM-937 Owner's Thread

William Tavares

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Got a HK Rm937 2 weeks ago. phone's great! only bug I ran into is occasional tap instead of scroll and sometimes when the screen just woke up (still on lock screen) some random taps or scrolls happen for a few seconds and it doesn't register my touches until it stops having its own mind. I use it on Rogers and signal has been great on 3G.

PS I also find this phone's WiFi signal is weaker than my 920... are all the 1520s like this?

I have random touchs on my screen when the phone wakes up, not always, but IT'S there, i hope cyan fix this, mine is also a HK RM-937. This is some issue adressed to the phone's processor, i bet!
Wi-fi is great here though.

I have the RM-937 running on Fido's network. Its been about 3 weeks now. Only complaint would be battery issue. If I play a game (Dungeon Hunter 4), it drains my battery like crazy. Gets pretty hot as well. Normal use, browsing, texting, light gaming, I can get about a day and a half.

Also, charging takes a long time as well. With about 30% remaining and I charge for about 6hrs, I only get to 90%+/-. Not sure if that's normal

One noob question. For wireless charging do I need to get a wireless charging case? Or can I buy a wireless charger and use it right away (without the case).

I was at an AT&T and saw their 1520 has 3 metal dots near the middle of the case and mine doesn't.

Mine only takes two and a half hours to go from empty to full battery (socket charger) and i love it, my old samsung galaxy S2 had a battery with half the capacity and used to take the same amount of time.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My HK model is still on Lumia Black, and checking for phone updates doesn't show anything. Are you guys in the USA? Any other reasons why mine wouldn't show an update yet?

Edit: d'Oh, forgot about the Cyan issue for those on Dev Preview with Bitlocker enabled.

Last edited:

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Got the Lumia Cyan update yesterday. But, it did not fix my bluetooth problem. My bluetooth still does not reconnect after the first pairing session.
Also i noticed my call quality sucks now. I never had issue with breaking phone calls, today for 20 minute phone call it happened a few time for upto 1 minute periods.

win phone

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello everybody.
I have a lumia 1520, the problem is when I record video with Nokia camera app, there is a continuous background sound that alters any clip I shoot. However with Windows phone camera app, this issue does not exist but the sound's quality is better with Nokia camera app.
Perhaps it's related to the four mics ? And directional stereo ? I have all updates and WP 8.1 GDR 1
The issue is there since I got the phone with WP 8.0
Please help !!!!

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
For anyone using the 1520 on Rogers I found my excessive battery drain issues were related to Location Services aka GPS being enabled. You'll find a noticeable difference with it on and off. Remember, the 937 is missing some of the bands Rogers utilize so it has to work a little harder to penetrate walls and buildings to give us data and LTE. This will cause drain and it did for me big time and soon as I disabled it there was a big gain. I was losing 10%/hr just having my phone in my pocket walking through the underground path at work.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I have GPS on all the time and I don't have battery drain. But I don't run LTE and instead use 3g only because of the weak 2600 signal. Rogers too.

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing an issue where right after unlocking, the screen will be unresponsive for about 1-2 seconds. I saw this while on WP 8.1 DP and still see it after downgrading/upgrading to WP 8.1 + Cyan. Not a serious issue, but a bit of an annoyance.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Forgot to post 2 ongoing issues I've always had. Not sure if others have these issues with their 937. Any time I reset my phone using the volume down and power button upon reset my date and time is wrong. Enabling "Set date and time automatically" and "Set time zone automatically" doesn't help and still shows the wrong date/time/timezone. It seems to want to default the the timezone to Cuiaba every time. Kind of annoying.

Second issue is when I'm watching streamed media directly within IE (not within an app like MetroTube, Vevo etc) the phone will reboot itself randomly. Usually happens after about 10 min of watching video from the browser. But usually doesn't happen more than once a day. Not sure if this is OS related or not.

Abhijeet Haval

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Any news on when the owners of RM-937 will be getting Lumia Denim update. I am desperately waiting for it.
Manufacture Name shown on extra + info screen on my phone is : RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222. Does this have anything to do with when I will be getting update?

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
So you'll have the Denim update at the same time than people from Hong Kong.
You can get Denim now by flashing for a RM-937's Finland CV firmware. Or just wait for a month.

ibamba

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone, I lately bought a Lumia 1520 white color (RM-937). I am using it in the US; the phone came with a ROM from Yemen. I flashed the phone to a ROM from Finland and then the UK (both ROM are country variant). My phone get connected on both Cricket Wireless(Which uses AT&T network) and T-mobile to HSPA+ speed. I am not getting LTE; This is not a big deal for me since HSPA+ internet speed is fast enough to get what I need done. I would like to get recommendation as to which ROM (Country Variant) is better suited for use in the US. I already know the whole process of unbranding (Flashing Lumia phones). My phone currently has UK Country Variant ROM installed.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
So you'll have the Denim update at the same time than people from Hong Kong.
You can get Denim now by flashing for a RM-937's Finland CV firmware. Or just wait for a month.

Thanks. I have the HK version too...just got it yesterday. But I live in the UK. So two question...is xda the place to get info on how to flash ROMs for the 1520? And, in your opinion, is it worth it? Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb