Nokia RM-937 Owner's Thread

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Most of the discussions that take place in this subforum are mostly centered around the AT&T RM-940 version which largely doesn't apply to us RM-937 owners due to hardware and firmware differences. So because of that, I think it would be a good idea to create an RM-937 owner's thread so we can have an easily referenced place for questions, comments and updates. Today the RM-940 received an update but RM-937 has not which may be due to the differences between the two versions.

Updates
  • None released yet

Known issues

Compatible charging plates

Compatible cases

Compatible Qi Wireless Car Chargers + Holders

Last edited:

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
My internal storage usage so far and this is only with a handful of games and apps. I also saved a copy of Drive+ maps locally:

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20131219_0031.png
    wp_ss_20131219_0031.png
    109.5 KB · Views: 22
  • wp_ss_20131219_0033.png
    wp_ss_20131219_0033.png
    364.2 KB · Views: 21
  • wp_ss_20131219_0034.png
    wp_ss_20131219_0034.png
    164.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

jtanigawa

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey, so I got a white RM-937 and I'm on T-Mobile. I wish we got the update that AT&T RM-940s got, however hopefully we'll get it soon. The only issue I have is tethering as well. I plan on cutting an international SIM card as soon as I have a chance to try reset the tethering and get it to work. I'll post an update as soon as I test it out which might not be for a while. Other than that I'm totally loving the device!

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Got the RM-937 Hong Kong variant and using it on Rogers in Toronto, ON. Works great for the most part. I did create a thread today warning other Canadians that while LTE max will work on the 2600mhz band it may cause battery drain when there's a weak LTE signal. Sadly, that's my case and in sheltered areas I can see drain of about 7-10% per hour.

Outside this I've seen very few bugs:
-The dimming screen which others are prone to I have also experienced on occasion. Though it doesn't bother me much.
- My playlists synced over to the microSD card disappear every single time. So my important playlists I've had to sync to internal storage.
- One of my fav apps "Fuse" has problems generating a proper live tile on the 1520. I have yet to determine if it's a widespread issue or just me.
- I have Glance Background enabled and sometimes the screen will wake up by itself on occasion and display the original lockscreen.
- Lastly I had some troubles getting some custom ringtones to show up. I copied over the ringtones to the SD card. That did nothing. I copied them over to the ringtone folder and they didn't copy over but instead it created 20 "thumbs.db" files that cannot be deleted. I tried making a ringtones folder on my PC, tossed in my ringtones, copied it over to the folder and said yes to overwrite and it made a second ringtone folder called "Ringtones(1)" which cannot be deleted. Interesting. But somehow the ringtones now show.

So far those are the only issues I've encountered.

Last edited:

CollingwoodFc

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I have yellow RM937 and only issue I have encountered is when downloading apps from store on WiFi there is always pending and tap here to continue errors. I never get this issues on mobile network. Let me know if someone knows the cause and solution. I'm in middle east by the way.

Thanks

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
So far I haven't had the dimming screen issue, it just dims normally and when I tap it, it goes back to full brightness. What I did notice is the sensors for brightness are very sensitive so as soon as you point it away from a bright source of light, the screen dims very quickly and vice versa. I haven't tested playlists yet but that reminds me of a bug I did encounter, Nokia Camera dropped a lot of frames when I was recording video to my sd card at 1080p/30 fps. Glance is working fine as well, no real issues there. Haven't tested ringtones yet.

@collingwood: i haven't run into the app problem yet either.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the glossy red version of the phone. The issues that I experienced were rebooting on rare occasions and sometimes, I only get 2G signal after charging. I turned off the Glance and Tap To Wake features and I've yet to experience those issues again.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll be receiving mine in the next few hours (every vehicle sounds like a FedEx truck right now...). I had an AT&T version for a few weeks, so I'll be interested to see what problems I had on the AT&T version are also on the international version. I'm betting most of them.

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Just updated my second post with internal storage usage...SO GLAD I got the 32 GB international version. There's no way I could put up with the 12 GB usable of the AT&T one.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Does the international version has the screen sensitivity to touch issue where small swipes being recognized by the phone as taps?

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Does the international version has the screen sensitivity to touch issue where small swipes being recognized by the phone as taps?
Yes, although I'm not sure that the issue is "small swipes" but rather that "finger down" is sometimes interpreted as "finger down, finger up". There have been times where I've put my finger on something to do a long-press (rather than a swipe) and still had the phone act as it I had tapped.

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey, so I got a white RM-937 and I'm on T-Mobile. I wish we got the update that AT&T RM-940s got, however hopefully we'll get it soon. The only issue I have is tethering as well. I plan on cutting an international SIM card as soon as I have a chance to try reset the tethering and get it to work. I'll post an update as soon as I test it out which might not be for a while. Other than that I'm totally loving the device!

What data speeds do you get on it for T-Mobile?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
My Lumia 1520 has been problem free so far.
Refreshing to have no worries at all about the internal memory, while I can throw my 20GB of music to memory card.

And that screen "drool"

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been using mine for a few hours now. It does not have the screen dimming bug that my AT&T version had, but it does have the sensitivity bug.

...oh yeah, and the storage:

wp_ss_20131223_0001.jpg

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind, I just didn't give it enough time. It's doing the dimming thing.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_malaysia_941 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss