Got a Black 1520 today - And Now what??

ATATKDDad

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Black 1520 today. Got directly from MS Store for $449.+ Taxes w/ $50.00 MS stored card. Not a bad deal. I have an AT&T plan used by my wife mostly, while the kids and I are on T-mobile. I am not going to lie, my intentions were to unlock this device and make it mine. I couldn't wait for a 1520 RM-938 version or Freakin T-Mobile to add a phone like this so I said "F it" just get it.

Here is my background. I am total gadget freak and currently have a Nokia 925 white from T-Mobile and this phone has been my main driver since I got it back in July of this year. I also have an iPhone 5 and a GS Note II (soon to go on Craigslist) and both have been in a drawer mostly since July. I fell in love with the responsiveness and simple ways that this Windows phones can does what it needs to do. Is the OS perfect? No. Not for everybody, but it is damm close to perfect to me and the things I do and it keeps getting better with every update.

So when the 1520 was on sale this week I could not resist....the wife is mad but I dont care. I dont ask permission I ask forgiveness. Ill buy her something tomorrow. So I spent the whole day waiting for the UPS guy, went to Wally world and when I came back the phone had arrived. It was pretty late too.

This phone is massive, but I most say that the size was not a turn off. Now that I have the black 1520, I am second guessing myself on the color. I thought Black looked Sexier than the other colors, but oh well. My 925 is white and I have a black or yellow charge covers for it. Maybe tomorrow in sunlight it will look better, But I am leaning towards a return/exchange.

Red would be good in a Matte finish..
White?
Yellow?
Or stay with the black and buy it case.

any thoughts, suggestions or recommendations?
-W
Nokia Lumia 1520 - Black
Nokia Lumia 925 - White
iPhone 5 - Black
GS Note II - Slate

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, if you have no problem with the 1520's size, go ahead and buy a case for it.

However, it would be more fitting to have white (as it matches with a lot of accent colors) or yellow (Daniel's favorite!).

The red is my favorite out of the four, though. It boils down to personal preference.

ATATKDDad

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, if you have no problem with the 1520's size, go ahead and buy a case for it.

Thanks for the reply.

Case would be OK I guess, but I like my phones like my women...nothing on them. "Al Natural"..I do use the charge covers on the 925, so I dont want to sound hypocritical. But the 925 phone is a lot smaller and the covers don't add much more bulk.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I like the red or white, with white slightly nudging it from a "goes with anything" live tile color thing.

But that red just looks stinking amazing in real life.

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
For the 1520 I like black,but that red is hard to ignore. If I were you id give it at least 3 days but if you don't like it exchange it!

ATATKDDad

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
For the 1520 I like black,but that red is hard to ignore. If I were you id give it at least 3 days but if you don't like it exchange it!

I am going to give it a shot over this weekend and Monday....I am off next week so I may stroll to the the MS Store here and see what they have in stock.

rhamblet

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I would have gotten a matte red but I went with a matte yellow. I had some concerns about what livetile colors I could use, but I like using "lime" or "yellow" On my previous devices I used "teal" so I kinda miss that.

brettcspencer

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I got the white. I love the matt with the glossy white buttons. It looks great with any coloured tiles too. And with a white background its just awesome. With a red cover even better. The red only comes on glossy doesn't it? So being unlocked, did you get the wireless charging and 32gb?

TheMadManNo1

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi to the OP. I also received my 1520 recently (yesterday to be precise). I went black (apparently when you go black there's no turning back .........) and it's also a fingerprint magnet. I'm assuming you mean the screen and not the back anyway.

I bought a case from Amazon yesterday (UK). I thought I'd go for a colour that stood out against the black of the phone so I bought a black cover..........

ATATKDDad

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Are the buttons flush and hard to find in ALL 1520s or just the black one. I know it sounds dumb but I cant seem to find the correct buttons quick enough. I have a 925 and the buttons can be found pretty easy. I have seen picture were the buttons seem to stick out just enough, mine are flush.

Bernie Lobb

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the same phone, buy a headcase for it loads to choose from and a great fit.
Asus Transformer P1801
Lenovo yoga 2 Pro
Lenovo Miix2 8
Toshiba 8" tablet
Samsung Ativ Windows phone
Nokia Lumia 1520 black

Last edited:

Mohammad Arshad

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I tend to prefer black, since too me it doesn't look weird when I change the live tile colors and make them different from the phone color. Thats why I got a black 720 prior to the 1520.

This time though, i decided to go with a yellow Lumia 1520. But it didn't feel right so I bought a black case for it.

richhill963

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a red lumia 1520 with a black case from Ace Above on Amazon, plus I have a Red case with black strap both are nice but the black case is slimmer, and the sides are open an makes the buttons easy to get at. plus it shows of the red, but still protects the phone.

LqDFx

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I got the black one, I wanted the 32gb memory. I just today received my nillkin slim case that I found on eBay after a fellow poster recommend it. Its a black case and adds no real bulk. For the less than $10 price, I'm thinking of getting a white one also.

Sent from my Lumia1520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon