04-20-2017 11:03 AM
113 12345
tools
    Honestly, I don't believe the stuttering is a problem with the SD card, but rather with Nokia Cam. For me, anyways, and some others who have mentioned the same in other topics, the stuttering seems to only occur when using Nokia Cam to record video, but is absent when using the stock Camera app for video recording.
    Good to know, thanks. So it's specific to this uSD card in combination with the Nokia Camera app? That kinda sucks. I don't want to have to use the vanilla camera app but at least the workaround is that easy. I wonder if this will change or if I should just get a different uSD card.

Are there 64GB uSD's which are confirmed to not have any issue with Nokia Camera video recording?
    01-06-2014 11:08 AM
    So in my testing using an SanDisk Extreme Plus 32 GB card I am getting no stutter in video taken with Nokia Camera. Also to note it saves the videos in 1-2 seconds to the card where as my ultra took much longer like 5-10 sec.

Seems like SanDisk's recommendation is spot on.

Will report back if I get any issues with stuttering. So far very impressed.
    01-06-2014 12:44 PM
    I'm using a SanDisk 32GB in my Samsung ATIV S.
    01-06-2014 12:59 PM
    ... in my Samsung ATIV S.
    We are speaking about a Nokia Lumia 1520 phone.
    01-06-2014 01:45 PM
    Transcend 32gb class 10 HC
    01-06-2014 02:22 PM
    Isn't that the one where users above are mentioning the stuttering? I've got one on the way and I wish I would have read this first.
    I guess, users above mainly complain about SanDisk "ultra" cards and very happy about SanDisk "extreme" cards... I just wanted to check if I found that specific "extreme"
    01-06-2014 03:02 PM
    I guess, users above mainly complain about SanDisk "ultra" cards and very happy about SanDisk "extreme" cards... I just wanted to check if I found that specific "extreme"
    I'd go "extreme plus"
    EpidemikE1 likes this.
    01-06-2014 03:38 PM
    SanDisk Extreme Pro 16GB. I know, it's overkill but it is the one I have available for now. Benchmarked it on my PC at 89 MB/s read and write :) Now, how to we benchmark SD cards on WP8?
    01-06-2014 04:37 PM
    None in my 925, otherwise the cheapest one. It's fast enough
    01-06-2014 04:43 PM
    I picked up one of these Amazon.com: Sony 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC R40 Memory Card (SR32UYA/TQMN): Computers & Accessories at Microcenter today. They've seriously reduced the selection of cards by my and no ADATA at all :(

Once I get my 1520, I'll let everyone know how it works out with the device.
    01-06-2014 10:25 PM
    So, SanDisk is the go to brand for micro sd cards?
    01-07-2014 05:15 AM
    I'd go "extreme plus"
    There is a lot of confusion surrounding this. It seems SanDisk's site shows a distinct visual and nomenclature difference between the two cards, with two different specs.

In reality, it seems (and someone correct me if they've spent even more time confused over this and have done more research) the "Extreme PLUS" are not marked on the package as "Extreme PLUS" and there is no "PLUS" on the card itself, only "Extreme". The way to tell the difference is just by the part of the packaging where they list the throughput. If it says 80/50, it's a PLUS. If it says 45/45 it's not a PLUS.

That's what I gather anyway. Every retailer I've contacted who carries these cards confirmed this if they had someone available at the time who could. It seems really convoluted and unnecessarily complicated, but I guess that's what is going on.
    01-07-2014 01:37 PM
    There is a lot of confusion surrounding this. It seems SanDisk's site shows a distinct visual and nomenclature difference between the two cards, with two different specs.

In reality, it seems (and someone correct me if they've spent even more time confused over this and have done more research) the "Extreme PLUS" are not marked on the package as "Extreme PLUS" and there is no "PLUS" on the card itself, only "Extreme". The way to tell the difference is just by the part of the packaging where they list the throughput. If it says 80/50, it's a PLUS. If it says 45/45 it's not a PLUS.

That's what I gather anyway. Every retailer I've contacted who carries these cards confirmed this if they had someone available at the time who could. It seems really convoluted and unnecessarily complicated, but I guess that's what is going on.
    mine said "extreme plus" on both package and card.

http://www.sandisk.com/products/memo...emeplus-uhs-i/

And the recommended card for the 1520 via SanDisk website :

http://pct1.sandisk.com/ProductList.aspx?DeviceID=21012

And a pic of the packaging mine came in (just an example as I got mine from amazon):

https://m.notebooksbilliger.de/sandi...+speicherkarte
    01-07-2014 01:47 PM
    I'm using SanDisk Ultra microSDXC™ 64GB
    01-07-2014 01:52 PM
    mine said "extreme plus" on both package and card.

SanDisk Extreme PLUS microSDHC and microSDXC UHS-I Memory Cards

And the recommended card for the 1520 via SanDisk website :

SanDisk | Product Compatibility Tool

And a pic of the packaging mine came in (just an example as I got mine from amazon):

https://m.notebooksbilliger.de/sandi...+speicherkarte
    Yup there are some packages that do say "Extreme PLUS" and some of the cards do too, but the vast majority of commentary and pictures from Amazon, Newegg, etc... show a photo of what would be an "Extreme" card. If you read all the comments and reviews, you'll see a lot of people caught on to the discrepancy but some went through the hassle of dealing with SanDisk to explain, or tested themselves.

I can't explain why this is but it's what retailers (at least in the US) are telling me, and it's confirmed by the comments/reviews of those who bought the card. It's a real cluster****. If someone would like to double up the research to either confirm or deny that I'm a dumbass, that's cool too. I'm just passing along what I've found. I spent a good chunk of time on this, more than I should have for sure. I'm just saying that if you do get one that says PLUS on it, awesome, but if you don't get PLUS on it, it's not necessarily time to panic. I was also trying to curb some confusion in the purchasing process for some people, as they'll undoubtedly be confused like I was when every link they follow from SanDisk's own "Where to Buy" link for the Extreme PLUS lands on a page with the pic of the Extreme and a lot of comments from people who are also confused.

If you go to this page and select only Extreme PLUS, and then click the "Where to Buy" for the 32GB version, then contact those retailers about it (and look at their photos and comments/reviews), I think you'll find the same thing. It doesn't make any sense and I wasted a whole lot of time because of it, but it seems that not having the PLUS on the card or package does not necessarily mean that it's not a PLUS card.

The comment/review threads from the following pages are useful:
    http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extrem...pUvbUpU2289317
    Last edited by ragingklu; 01-07-2014 at 02:24 PM.
    01-07-2014 02:04 PM
    Mine says EXTREME PLUS ULTIMATE 'TO THE MAX'
    EpidemikE1 likes this.
    01-07-2014 02:08 PM
    Mine says EXTREME PLUS ULTIMATE 'TO THE MAX'
    I bet it makes sammiches.
    walter1832 and hasasimo like this.
    01-07-2014 04:49 PM
    Any one else tried 64G extreme and has no stuttering video nor duplicate photos?

Sent from my Nokia 1520 using Tapatalk
    01-07-2014 08:56 PM
    Any one else tried 64G extreme and has no stuttering video nor duplicate photos?

the duplicate photos is a separate problem with wp8 not the sdcard in particular imo.
    01-07-2014 08:58 PM
    the duplicate photos is a separate problem with wp8 not the sdcard in particular imo.

bummer! It makes SD card useless! :(

01-08-2014 01:53 AM
    bummer! It makes SD card useless! :(

no, I have found success syncing my cd folders one by one using media monkey and having the SD card in the computer (not in phone).

Same with pictures, and I am not getting duplicates when taking photos, though I do when saving photos to the phone from websites and texts from time to time, I just delete and resave and it usually will not duplicate again.

Sucks to have to work around it but at least it works
    01-08-2014 03:15 PM
    @ragingklu I see what your saying about the confusion with retailers and the "plus" version. I got lucky
    01-08-2014 03:17 PM
    @ragingklu I see what your saying about the confusion with retailers and the "plus" version. I got lucky
    OK now I'm more confused than ever.... I just now saw this particular copy/paste from SanDisk support in the first Amazon link from post #65:

This is Michael from SanDisk support. Please note that SanDisk is planning to rename the SanDisk Extreme microSD memory cards. In future, these cards will be renamed as the Extreme plus, and Extreme will be downgraded to the 45 MB/s transfer speed. If the current Extreme memory card has the specifications for the Extreme Plus microSD cards, then you will get the transfer rate of 80/50 MB/s. If there is anything we can assist you with please contact SanDisk support at 1-866-SANDISK or submit a support request at www.sandisk.com./ask
    I guess this explains it. Bummer that I didn't come across that comment prior to now.

Sorry to everybody if I've added to the confusion. I guess we're just going to have to believe the rated speeds posted on the packaging. I guess I'll test my throughput anyway when I get the card.
    Last edited by ragingklu; 01-08-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    01-08-2014 03:46 PM
    You clarified it for me actually...no matter what it says, I want the one that says speeds up to 80 mbps...call it extreme plus, extreme to the max, extreme amazeballs...I don't care...
    irvin792 likes this.
    01-09-2014 02:10 PM
    So, SanDisk is the go to brand for micro sd cards?
    Pretty much, but others don't lag behind much. If the price difference is <20%, go for it, if you're on a budget, the cheapest will do just fine. I usually look for one with most warranty, but they are mostly all around 10 years so again, I go for the cheapest one :)
    01-09-2014 02:18 PM
113 12345