What micro SD cards are you all using?

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
SanDisk 64 GB Extreme. it's a manly man's SD card :)
Can record 1080 video to the sd, where as my old ultra would stutter.
now I just need apps, xbox video, xbox music without dupes to my SD.

Damn. I have an unopened 64GB Ultra that I was planning to put on my 1520 when I get it this Friday. Now you got me contemplating exchanging it for an Extreme.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
1: Samsung 64 UHS reads and writes fast enough. I had it in an HD video camera for a while in never skipped a beat or errored. (paid $59.99 usd from Fry's)
2: Samsung 32 same as the 64 gig one. (paid $19.99 usd from Fry's)
3: Transcend fast write 64 gig for me Surface (paid $49.00 usd from Amazon)

Memory seems pretty dependable nowdayz...

DaSurfa

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Currently using 8gb Sandisk while waiting for replacement from Sandisk for 64gb ultra that stop working in my old Note 2 after 8 months. Reformatted couple times and in end only had 32gb left. Same thing on a brand new 64gb ultra which I got first time.
My friend who works at att store said they been having problems with SanDisk microsd cards stop working after only couple months.

Hopefully its not the case with our Nokia 1520.

Mr osi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So I exchanged my Sandisk for another in the hope that it was just the card, but this one is just as bad, read 20mbps write 8mbps....I'm going to send this one back and go for another brand.
Maybe it's just a bad batch of cards I don't know.

Last edited:

swimmer160

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Man, I have a sandisk ultra 32GB coming from Amazon today. Now I'm wondering if I should just kick down for the extreme if all these video stuttering issues are happening. Is this an issue with the card, or the connection to the phone? Has anyone tried to run the speed on a PC?? Still getting the same ****ty performance?

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Using a san disk ultra 32gb.....no video issues, just my songs and pictures randomly duplicating themselves

Edit: Update my video has now started to stutter.

Ordered a San Disk Extreme Plus 32 GB which is actually the card recommended for the 1520 on San Disk's site.

Last edited:

Mr osi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Swimmer the first card stuttered when playing videos back on the phone. The second card stuttered when playing back on the phone and on my pc via vlc.

I believe that it must be a bad batch of cards as you can see others aren't having issues.

My Samsung 32gb is coming tomorrow which I hope I have better luck with.

Mr osi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Samsung 32gb class 10 arrived today, have recorded a few small videos and no stutter, haven't tested the speed via crystal yet but all seems to be well!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Never realized the choices. All these years of non-expandable devices, I haven't had to think this through since my wife old BlackBerry. She has a Note 1, but still has over 8GB of space left on hers, so we just haven't thought this through.

I will be using mine for mostly music when I pull the trigger on a 1520, so i will have to pay attention to which one works the best for that.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My San Disk extreme plus will be here tomorrow, I will report back :)

Update: still duplicates music when synced in phone using windows media player :(

Will test video once my music is synced properly. Using media monkey and have the SD card in the computer (not in phone)

Update 2: Music synced properly now, pictures however quadrupled :(

No stutter in video at all so far.

Update 3: So far pictures taken with the camera have not duplicated. When I save pictures from a mms or from the internet they will randomly duplicate for some reason.

My music copied fine when using the card directly in the computer. It is hit and miss when used in my phone and connected to the computer.

I really hope MS fixes this.......

Last edited:

bsd107

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Are you really using Windows Media Player to sync music to the phone? (This is not meant as a dig - just want to be sure.) Or are you using the Windows Phone desktop app?I personally plan on only using the built-in "Music+Videos hub" app on the phone, as well as the new Xbox Music app on the phone. I am hoping that this does not result in any music duplication on the phone....

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you really using Windows Media Player to sync music to the phone? (This is not meant as a dig - just want to be sure.) Or are you using the Windows Phone desktop app?I personally plan on only using the built-in "Music+Videos hub" app on the phone, as well as the new Xbox Music app on the phone. I am hoping that this does not result in any music duplication on the phone....

I have used both and both have caused duplicates.

I have done every tip and trick this forum has suggested in various threads.

What I have done with success is to remove the card from the phone, put it in my computer, and have used the drag and drop method (windows explorer) and media monkey - both of these methods when they worked were done one folder at a time. It seems when you try and do alot is when it messes up.

I spent all day (Dec 26th) and played around with it. No matter how I try and add music to the phone with the card installed in the phone and connected via USB cable, I seem to get the duplicate, triplicate, and quadruple songs.

The odd part is that it reported 50gbs of music ......on a 32gb card, which leads me to believe that it is not actually duplicating the files.........

swimmer160

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
So I decided just to put my 32GB SanDisk Ultra in to see how it would fare, and so far I haven't had any issues with it. No video stutters whatsoever, in both low light and good light, and fast and slow targets, including some fireworks. I'm just going to stick with it.

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
San disk 8Gb. Once I inserted a local cheap memory card of my friend. One strange thing happened however, in my gallery and music hub every file started showing multiple image and multiple files. When I contacted Microsoft they told me that this problem happens due to incompatible memory card and the only way to get rid of this problem is to reset it. While resetting the phone stuck at gear wheels screen and had to give to nokia care centre they took nearly a month to fix it.... Phew! But I never had any problems with my Sandisk SD card.

Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo