What micro SD cards are you all using?

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have problems with stuttering with the SanDisk Ultra 64 and have ordered the Extreme version. I hope it corrects the problem.

Per Irvin792 in the thread:
Using a san disk ultra 32gb.....no video issues, just my songs and pictures randomly duplicating themselves

Edit: Update my video has now started to stutter.

Ordered a San Disk Extreme Plus 32 GB which is actually the card recommended for the 1520 on San Disk's site.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
For anyone having stuttering problems, have you tried using the stock camera app for video recording? I get slight stuttering problems with the Nokia Cam, but have no issues with the stock camera app.

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
For anyone having stuttering problems, have you tried using the stock camera app for video recording? I get slight stuttering problems with the Nokia Cam, but have no issues with the stock camera app.

Just to add to this post, Nokia suggests that all video/photo's should be saved to phone memory, i.e. internal storage.

ragingklu

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

will this card work properly on 1520?
Sandisk microSDXC 64GB Extreme Class 10 UHS-I (SDSDQXL-064G-G46A)

Isn't that the one where users above are mentioning the stuttering? I've got one on the way and I wish I would have read this first.

And as far as recommending you store your photos and videos on the device.... with 16GB of internal memory and a feature where you store a JPEG plus DNG.... Thanks Nokia.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Isn't that the one where users above are mentioning the stuttering? I've got one on the way and I wish I would have read this first.

Honestly, I don't believe the stuttering is a problem with the SD card, but rather with Nokia Cam. For me, anyways, and some others who have mentioned the same in other topics, the stuttering seems to only occur when using Nokia Cam to record video, but is absent when using the stock Camera app for video recording.

ragingklu

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I don't believe the stuttering is a problem with the SD card, but rather with Nokia Cam. For me, anyways, and some others who have mentioned the same in other topics, the stuttering seems to only occur when using Nokia Cam to record video, but is absent when using the stock Camera app for video recording.

Good to know, thanks. So it's specific to this uSD card in combination with the Nokia Camera app? That kinda sucks. I don't want to have to use the vanilla camera app but at least the workaround is that easy. I wonder if this will change or if I should just get a different uSD card.

Are there 64GB uSD's which are confirmed to not have any issue with Nokia Camera video recording?

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So in my testing using an SanDisk Extreme Plus 32 GB card I am getting no stutter in video taken with Nokia Camera. Also to note it saves the videos in 1-2 seconds to the card where as my ultra took much longer like 5-10 sec.

Seems like SanDisk's recommendation is spot on.

Will report back if I get any issues with stuttering. So far very impressed.

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

I guess, users above mainly complain about SanDisk "ultra" cards and very happy about SanDisk "extreme" cards... I just wanted to check if I found that specific "extreme"

chrisgull

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
SanDisk Extreme Pro 16GB. I know, it's overkill but it is the one I have available for now. Benchmarked it on my PC at 89 MB/s read and write :) Now, how to we benchmark SD cards on WP8?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb