What micro SD cards are you all using?

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Class 6 or class 10 doesn't guarantee good performance, for app installs the phone needs good random access speeds which varies a lot amongst different cards of even class 6 and class 10, just same case as windows phone 7 micro sd card thingy. A good card which i remember is Sandisk class 4 16gb with random access speeds better than many class 10 cards. For class 10 cards, Samsung EVO is a good card with good random access speeds, cheap and better than Sandisk ultra.

Yes, for recording and data transfers, the write speed matters but i am talking about general App and games performance which are installed on microSD cards.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
A Samsung Class 10 UHS-1. I've already blown through about 18 gigs of photos and music. Seems to get the job done with no problems.

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone used this card Kingston Digital 128 GB SDHC/SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card and how is the performance ??

That's a SD card. It doesn't fit into Lumia phones. You need a microSD card. The SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDXC Class 10 UHS-I 128GB, is the only 128GB microSD card in the marked, for now..

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Class 6 or class 10 doesn't guarantee good performance, for app installs the phone needs good random access speeds which varies a lot amongst different cards of even class 6 and class 10, just same case as windows phone 7 micro sd card thingy. A good card which i remember is Sandisk class 4 16gb with random access speeds better than many class 10 cards. For class 10 cards, Samsung EVO is a good card with good random access speeds, cheap and better than Sandisk ultra.

Yes, for recording and data transfers, the write speed matters but i am talking about general App and games performance which are installed on microSD cards.

Tryied some Modern Combat from my class 10 128 SD card and boy that was a disappointment. So the old rules still apply then. (Been years since I bought a sd card)

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Tryied some Modern Combat from my class 10 128 SD card and boy that was a disappointment. So the old rules still apply then. (Been years since I bought a sd card)

It can never be an old rule, its a basic technical fact, random access speeds are much more important than write speeds for Apps/Games :)

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Im in UK so 32GB in phone and a Samsung 32GB-EVO Class 6 .. flawless!

I tend to find more than 32GB and anything above a Class 6.. it seems to struggle in the 1520, I wish Nokia would sort it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes