LUMIA 1520 RM-938 !!! or AT&T 32GB

blakkheartt12

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi I wouldn't trust it. The website looks kind of shady. Best to buy from a known website. I bought mine from New Egg. Do a search for 1520.3. They have the wrong description for the phone, but it definitely is the one to get if you want to use it on T-Mobile and have the AWS bands. Price is 620. Cheaper than what negri electronics was selling it for. Good luck.

On another note, I was able to get tethering working on the 1520.3 RM-938 model. I used the Spanish keyboard trick to get it to work. So far Im very pleased with the phone.

Screenshot of extra+info screen:
wp_ss_20140330_0001_zps175def62.jpg

Screenshot of bands listed on the phone:
1520tmobilebands_zps4c26b5d0.jpg

Last edited:

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
So the one on Newegg will work with ATT LTE what is the actual internal storage capacity?

I have an SD Card so it doesn't matter as much but it's great having more

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Does the 1520.3 on NewEgg have Qi Wireless charging? Also has anyone confirmed that it works on the AT&T network with HSPA+/LTE? I may grab it and sell my 937.

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Does the 1520.3 on NewEgg have Qi Wireless charging? Also has anyone confirmed that it works on the AT&T network with HSPA+/LTE? I may grab it and sell my 937.

it has Qi, if the pictures are accurate it doesn't have the three metal dots of the att version

I ordered one not too long after my post and will confirm 32 GB and bands, it may be a while before I go to the next town to confirm Att LTE.

blakkheartt12

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

It definitely has AT&T LTE as AT&T and Tmobile use the same band 4. The phone has pentaband LTE and GSM radios. It also does have Qi charging and is 32Gb internal space. It is a bit tricky to get tethering to work if you are on Tmobile. Not sure about At&t as I do not have an active sim to try.

DUF383

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
The ones on new are the right phones, they just have info incorrect. i spoke with them 2 weeks ago and it should be fixed by now, i got my phone last week 1520.3 / RM-938 32gb with qi charging. work flawless on T-Mobile 4G-LTE , 4G , H+ , 3G, 2G all bands:confused: i tested in different areas as i traveled over the Easter weekend. going to try the wifi sharing mod soon. anyone had any luck with it?

Trevor Abney

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have this phone on AT&T, I bought through Newegg because I wasn't going to buy the gimped version AT&T is selling without the Qi wireless charging. I get LTE but it seemingly drops to HSDPA when a phone call comes in or I dial out. Also, I cannot get the tethering to work. What is the hack to get that going for AT&T and why does it not just work?

JOHN Smith88

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
May be ATT doesn't this phone on their network , my buddy had same issue with rm938 kept on switching between lte and hspa . Att couldn't figured it out so he slid his rm and bought att version and didn't had any issues then . Must be att thing

JOHN Smith88

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
If I don't want to use this on tmobile only on att am I better off just buying it from att . But once I get it unlocked from att will the att 32 gb work with t-mobile ??

xxhonkeyxx

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
I have this phone on AT&T, I bought through Newegg because I wasn't going to buy the gimped version AT&T is selling without the Qi wireless charging. I get LTE but it seemingly drops to HSDPA when a phone call comes in or I dial out. Also, I cannot get the tethering to work. What is the hack to get that going for AT&T and why does it not just work?

That is how it works, voice doesn't work over LTE, so no matter what phone you're on it will "drop" to HSPA+. No worries there.

As far as tethering, I'm not sure, but bring it by an AT&T store and they should be able to set you up.

b_plus

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
sorry, my English is not great! :sweaty:
I mean is there any problem that you found out about this kind of phones (Unlocked phones from Neweggs or Negri Electronics) like any bugs, any false updates or other problems?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster