LUMIA 1520 RM-938 !!! or AT&T 32GB

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi Collin,

When you get the device, could you please confirm it has QI and list its frequency?

Thanks!
Young

Most certainly. I will happily report back once it arrives tomorrow.

One issue: I don't actually have a Qi charger. How can I tell if it has it? I have had them before and there has been no indication on the phone or box.

-Collin-

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Most certainly. I will happily report back once it arrives tomorrow.

One issue: I don't actually have a Qi charger. How can I tell if it has it? I have had them before and there has been no indication on the phone or box.

-Collin-
I Think The box will have a little Qi Logo

150px-Qi_logo_svg.png

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Let us know if you get LTE and internet sharing.
Wish you were using ATT but I think if it works on Tmob it will work with ATT.
Congratulations!

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Let us know if you get LTE and internet sharing.
Wish you were using ATT but I think if it works on Tmob it will work with ATT.
Congratulations!

I relied to you on the other thread but so people here know: AT&T and T-Mobile LTE both work just fine!

Internet sharing prompts me to a T-Mobile page. Ugh. I will have to deal with that in the morning.

Anything else you want to know/see?

So freakin' excited - it's not branded or anything by the way. It was set to Spanish, however. Data Sense is of course functional too!

-Collin-

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
No, the benefit is that it actually supports the T-Mobile network. The AT&T variant lacks the 1700mhz AWS for full 3g/4g functionality (non-LTE), so unless you live in a refarmed area you're going to find yourself on 2G a lot :(

​-Collin-

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Quick Update: MMS works just fine. It was my Aio phone that was screwing that up.

Still working on Internet Sharing without any luck so far :-(

-Collin-

Ian Hanson

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
So I've got a buying question that's related - I can either get a used, mint 32GB AT&T model in red on that's been SIM unlocked by the seller for $475 that should get my LTE and HSPA+ on T-Mo, or I could get the Newegg 16GB White Unlocked 938 model that also has LTE and adds in Qi wireless charging but is only 16GB and costs $135 more at $620. In your guys' opinions, is wireless charging worth paying $135 extra while also giving up 16GB of internal storage?

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I chatted with Negri support yesterday and they said they still planned on selling them, but would be out of stock for the next few weeks. So they were intending to get those 3 1520.3's to show up as back ordered soon. I know as of this post, they are still "discontinued."

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, AT&T never released a RED 32GB version - only a BLACK 32GB version - without QI of course. If the seller is saying it's an AT&T Branded RED 32GB Phone, I'd be incredibly skeptical.I have the 16GB version that I got a REALLY good price on. I originally wasn't going to buy this phone because I thought it was too large and was extremely upset due to the lack of QI in the ATT model. However, I don't in the least bit miss it. AT. ALL. I can go a full day and then some on one charge but just plug it in at night. I have a 64GB MicroSD card in it with all music and photos going to that. Once MS releases 'install to SD' in 8.1, the storage question really becomes a non-issue. Heck, I have 8GB still free on internal storage.

Ian Hanson

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the input - I'm going to try to confirm that it's in fact a 32GB Red then may pull the trigger. I have a question about updates - if I'm using an AT&T Sim Unlocked device on T-Mobile, how will I get the Windows Phone 8.1 update when that comes out? I'm just worried since T-Mobile isn't officially carrying this phone, how would I ever get that update....would I have to do some kind of direct update online? Thanks :)

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Updates come from Microsoft's servers, and are checked against the current firmware on the phone. They are not from the carriers or based on your SIM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa