Just notice have have scratches and scuffs were my flip case rub against the phone....I had a screen protector on but took it off because nokia suggested that might have been the screen issues I was having ( and it wasn't) and was waiting for my replacement to arrive... Seems to scratch very easy. This is the first time this has happened to me so now guess I'll get the screen replace at some point but first need to get the screen sensitivity fixed.. Anyone else having scratching issues?

Sent from my C6802 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    12-23-2013 09:53 AM
    There's a few people discussing that in this thread. Good luck.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...esistance.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-23-2013 02:41 PM
    I noticed this as well. Haven't had any issues with scratches on displays over the past 4 smartphones (i8910, i9000, Lumia 800, i8750). Yet somehow I've gotten two or three really shallow scratches on my 1520.

I blame the Nokia CP-623 case in my situation. I used my phone without case for the first week, until I received my CP-623 Flip Case. I thought the flap would be a good idea to protect the screen. Put it in the case without scratches, and three days later I noticed the scratches. My phone is always in a separate pocket, no obvious sand or other stuff in there. But I guess something was trapped between the flap and the screen and scratched it when the flap moved around. Quite a disappointment.

Also, the hard plastic corners on the CP-623 can actually damage your phone. I noticed wear on the phone body beneath the two upper corners right where the case clips around it. What's the point of the case if it damages your phone? I've gone back to no case at all.
    12-23-2013 10:25 PM
    I think a screen protector is a must, the screen is just too big and the weight of it means any fall face down is going to crack it, I think even with GG3 it would still suffer this fate...though day to day use (keys, coins hitting screen) would be better....but not any drop.
    12-24-2013 11:32 AM
    Yep my flip case did this to my phone. First time also. I have tablets and Samsung phones with flip cases and this doesn't happen

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk
    12-24-2013 11:50 PM
    I guess in many ways this was the test phone, dont go mad with the cost as it might not sell.

Now that they have seen people do want a phone like this (more than they thought) I would guess they will spend a little bit more on the construction of the next ones....and also more time with QC plz.
    12-26-2013 06:40 AM
    The thing I hate most about the flip case is it leaves the module marks on the screen every time you close it. I know you can just re clean the screen but it is seriously annoying... I really don't feel like splashing another $25 on a case -.-
    01-02-2014 12:19 AM
    That's odd. When I was using my flip cover (Nokia brand), I was actually using the cover to wipe smudges of my screen. I don't have a single scratch on my screen. Looks brand new still.
    01-02-2014 12:37 AM
    With Gorilla Glass you can still get scratches. Keys and Coins should not scratch it but sand, tiny gravel or dirt can. It all comes down to which is harder. Since glass is actually made from sand, sand will easily scratch the screen. You may have gotten a little bit of dirt stuck to the inside of the case flap. This is why I never wanted a flap or case with a built-in screen cover.

Breakage is a completely different story. Gorilla Glass is super hard but that can also be it's downfall. Just like Pyrex kitchen wares if you hit it in just the right spot it will explode. Nokia does a great job of trying to engineer phones that can take a serious beating but any drop, from even a small distance, that hits in just the right spot will shatter the screen.

I don't use screen protectors but I do use a gel case that covers all the way around the corners. I would love not to use a case but these things are just to expensive to replace or even fix at this point in time. The LCD with Digitizer together is $340 on eBay. I know you can just get the Digitizer for a lot less money but I've never had any luck getting all of the bubbles out from between the LCD and Digitizer.
    01-02-2014 11:13 AM
    With Gorilla Glass you can still get scratches. Keys and Coins should not scratch it but sand, tiny gravel or dirt can. It all comes down to which is harder. Since glass is actually made from sand, sand will easily scratch the screen. You may have gotten a little bit of dirt stuck to the inside of the case flap. This is why I never wanted a flap or case with a built-in screen cover.

Breakage is a completely different story. Gorilla Glass is super hard but that can also be it's downfall. Just like Pyrex kitchen wares if you hit it in just the right spot it will explode. Nokia does a great job of trying to engineer phones that can take a serious beating but any drop, from even a small distance, that hits in just the right spot will shatter the screen.

I don't use screen protectors but I do use a gel case that covers all the way around the corners. I would love not to use a case but these things are just to expensive to replace or even fix at this point in time. The LCD with Digitizer together is $340 on eBay. I know you can just get the Digitizer for a lot less money but I've never had any luck getting all of the bubbles out from between the LCD and Digitizer.
    Bigger the screen is, more it is vulnerable to damage, scratches. A screen guard is a need
    01-02-2014 11:42 AM