Should I get the Incipio Feather Case or the Nokia Flip cover case for the 1520?

Rockstar760

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I've narrowed down my options to these 2 cases. Which one offers better protection especially for the screen? I've already cracked the 1520 and have gotten a new one. Also which one has better grip? Any advice would be appreciated.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have both, and for what you are asking, the Nokia Flip would be better. Of course, the screen cover isn't magnetically attached to the screen, so it could flop around while the phone is falling if you drop it, so consider that. The flip cover does offer a small amount of protection for the camera also, whereas the Incipio offers none. Honestly, if you are concerned about protection, you should consider the Belkin Folio. It's expensive, and bulky, but the protection is fantastic. If you want I'll post some pics later of the phone in the Incipio and Nokia covers for comparison. Here are some pics I posted of the phone in the Belkin case: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/251271-belkin-folio-case.html

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I though about Incipio, but later decided to buy 4 cheap cases from ebay, just for tests. I don't think that 25-30$ for just plastic case is a fair price and it doesn't matter WHO made it :)

Carlos Cruz

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Do yourself a favor and order the Nillkin brand on ebay. It's $9 shipped and it protects the camera lens. Every one of the cheap versions I bought cracked on the corners because they are too thin and cheap. I bought from seller legui1027 and it shipped quickly from China. The Nillkin wraps around the sides better and provides better overall protection.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...675&mpre=http://www.ebay.com/itm/251387233366

Rockstar760

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for everyones advice, I went ahead and bought the Nillikan case. It seems to offer better protection than the Incipio case and much cheaper also. I'll let you guys know how it is once I get it. Thanks again

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I bought Nillkin for my Lumia 1520 and a separate screen protector. I thought Corning Gorilla Glass 2 is durable because I dropped my Lumia 625 before from waist level and face front but that didn't even had a single scratch. That was also protected by a case from Nillkin and the screen protector that they provided.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
How good Nillkin for 1520? As I mentioned before, for 920 is doesn't fit good. There are small gaps between case and phone on sides

Last edited:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I would get either. I've read in the forums here that the flip cover is prone to trap debris between the cover and the screen, causing scratches. I believe this has happened to mine. By looking at pictures of the Incipio, I'm not too sure it offers any protection for the camera lens. Just my thoughts.

I'm using the following:

Clear s Line Wave Gel Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 1520 Screen Protector | eBay

I bought another hard case from eBay with the name brand of YESDO but I can't find it any more. It is very similar to the Incipio except it has a raised lip around the lens. If you can find one of those, I'd suggest getting one.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
How good Nillkin for 1520? As I mentioned before, for 920 is doesn't fit good. There are small gaps between case and phone on sides

It fits really well. There's also an elevated ridge around the camera hole so that it would not touch the ground when it lays flat.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520(RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cariocap

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I ended up getting the Amzer case after the rave reviews, and I couldn't be happier with this case. You can't go wrong for $7.90! It offers amazingly great protection for the cheap price. I agree with others here that the Incipio case is nice, but WAY overpriced.

Amazon.com: Amzer Amz96258 TPU Pudding Skin Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 1520 - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

+ 1 for Amzer.
Nobody here notice that I was using it (Black Amzer) in my Black 1520...

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I would get either. I've read in the forums here that the flip cover is prone to trap debris between the cover and the screen, causing scratches. I believe this has happened to mine. By looking at pictures of the Incipio, I'm not too sure it offers any protection for the camera lens. Just my thoughts.

I'm using the following:

Clear s Line Wave Gel Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 1520 Screen Protector | eBay

I bought another hard case from eBay with the name brand of YESDO but I can't find it any more. It is very similar to the Incipio except it has a raised lip around the lens. If you can find one of those, I'd suggest getting one.

how.do you like your tpu case?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
how.do you like your tpu case?

I like it a lot. It doesn't add too much to the phone. It is actually quite thin. There is a raised rim around the lens. The front of the case is slightly higher than the screen to prevent it from being scratched when lying face down. The sides are textured to provide better grip. Since I posted my original response, I've gotten 10 more. :) I have found that some of the colors that can be gotten are better than others. The white version discolors rather quickly. It was stained after a couple of days of use. I personally like the clear version. If your 1520 is white, yellow, or red, your color still shows through clearly. Other than the white style, you just can't go wrong with these cases, in my opinion.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I like it a lot. It doesn't add too much to the phone. It is actually quite thin. There is a raised rim around the lens. The front of the case is slightly higher than the screen to prevent it from being scratched when lying face down. The sides are textured to provide better grip. Since I posted my original response, I've gotten 10 more. :) I have found that some of the colors that can be gotten are better than others. The white version discolors rather quickly. It was stained after a couple of days of use. I personally like the clear version. If your 1520 is white, yellow, or red, your color still shows through clearly. Other than the white style, you just can't go wrong with these cases, in my opinion.

I have a red one on the way

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb