Should I get the Incipio Feather Case or the Nokia Flip cover case for the 1520?

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I am looking to get a new case. Does anyone have the NGP Impact Resistant Case for Nokia Lumia 1520
Impact Resistant Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 | Incipio NGP | Incipio
Looks good. But seems it may add some bulk.

Ohhh I really like the turqoise one. My only gripe with the inipio case is that there isnt enough protection around the camera. Nillkin Ultra Slim Hard Skin For lumia 1520 Case Same design but the ridge around the camera lifts camera lens away from the surface you place your phone down on.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So I got my case in. Its red tpu, but without the "s-line" its just smooth , looks like I don't even have a case on.

The fit is perfect, slightest hump around the camera to give it just enough clearance to not hit the surface your setting your phone on, assuming the surface is flat ;)

Also to note, the whole flush power button is fixed with his case because it covers the buttons and makes them easier to find and press.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...e=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So I got my case in. Its red tpu, but without the "s-line" its just smooth , looks like I don't even have a case on.

The fit is perfect, slightest hump around the camera to give it just enough clearance to not hit the surface your setting your phone on, assuming the surface is flat ;)

Also to note, the whole flush power button is fixed with his case because it covers the buttons and makes them easier to find and press.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...e=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Thanks for the link mate. I'm looking for some tpu without a design at the back and this looks nice

BU2B2

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I hate screen protectors so the Nokia flip cover was really appealing to me, although I was disappointed that the face doesn't magnetically hold in place. I'm not big on using cases, but this one is really good for me: it adds minimal bulk, looks stylish and protects the corners and camera lens. The primary reason I bought it was to protect the screen and it does a good job. So far, after a month of use, my screen hasn't scratched.

The only downside is the yellow dirties and is pretty much impossible to completely clean.

I don't know how this compares to the Incipio case, although that does look nice for what it is.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I hate screen protectors so the Nokia flip cover was really appealing to me, although I was disappointed that the face doesn't magnetically hold in place. I'm not big on using cases, but this one is really good for me: it adds minimal bulk, looks stylish and protects the corners and camera lens. The primary reason I bought it was to protect the screen and it does a good job. So far, after a month of use, my screen hasn't scratched.

The only downside is the yellow dirties and is pretty much impossible to completely clean.

I don't know how this compares to the Incipio case, although that does look nice for what it is.
*a little off topic*
I hate screen protectors too, bit the illumishield for the 1520 is amazing, don't let the low price fool you.....swiping around on the protector is actually nicer than the glass

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2294977

Janel5629

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the Belkin folio, it didn't protect the screen after a fall.

I would like a durable case with a holster to protect the phablet.

kylezangel

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I like it a lot. It doesn't add too much to the phone. It is actually quite thin. There is a raised rim around the lens. The front of the case is slightly higher than the screen to prevent it from being scratched when lying face down. The sides are textured to provide better grip. Since I posted my original response, I've gotten 10 more. :) I have found that some of the colors that can be gotten are better than others. The white version discolors rather quickly. It was stained after a couple of days of use. I personally like the clear version. If your 1520 is white, yellow, or red, your color still shows through clearly. Other than the white style, you just can't go wrong with these cases, in my opinion.

Or get a blue one for a yellow phone. Its what I've done with my 820. Really adds a cool two-tone sea-green effect

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Do the TPU cases make the buttons harder to push? I know they raise them, making them easier to find, but do they make them physically harder to push. I have the Incipio Dual Pro on my 822 and it doesn't add any effor to button pushes, just makes them easier to find. I really wish Incipio made a Dual Pro for the 1520. I wonder if the NGP is the same as the inner material from the Dual Pro?

HomeyJay

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
+1 for the Nillkin case. It's absolutely the best - I've bought a bunch of cases for mine and this is nearly the cheapest but it's the best of all of them!

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, since the thread is bumped anyway...

-1 for the Nillkin. Although not bulky, it gets dirty real easy and is near impossible to clean. Or at least the white one does. For comparison, the white Nokia Flip Cover does not get dirty at all.

I just use the phone 'naked' most of the time, and for the times I do need it protected, I use the Nokia Flip Cover with the flipfloppy part cut off (useless if it doesn't stay in place somehow and can actually scratch your screen if some particles get between the cover and your screen)...
Wish they would sell them like that, it's the best case I've found :p.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I prefer my phones naked as well and keep them in a pouch so that when I am using my it I see the phone and not a case. If I have to use a case then I use a case like the Incipio feather case but at 1/4 the price.

I would get the Incipio in cyan but it is not cyan.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos