Accent Colors not changing?

Dwight Kuhl

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
There are not a lot of settings to get lost in with the 1520 like the iPhone or GS4...
So when I decide to change my "Theme" color to (whatever) nothing happens?!

I thought I was missing something so I would go from one extreme to another, say Red to Yellow, and I see absolutely no difference in the tiles... Am I missing something?

Selfie13

May 17, 2012
Visit site
That is very strange, and yes, the tiles should change once you pick your theme and back out of that setting. Also try and reboot your phone if you already haven't.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Are all tiles staying the "old" color or just some of them? How about a basic one like the built-in calendar app?

A possibility may be that some tiles that are updated periodically may be filling in the background of the tile with the accent color that's current when the last update ran rather than making the background transparent so that the accent color shows through. In such cases, start the app (assuming that it redraws the tile on start-up) or wait half an hour (so that the periodic task runs to redraw the tile with the new accent color).

Dwight Kuhl

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
The strangest thing is is that the native tiles are always black... No mater what... The imported app tiles (Facebook, Paypal etc...) are their usual colors... I have re-booted both hard and soft styles for various other reasons.... No dice.
On a side note, may or may not be related, but I also cannot get my photos to show on the lock screen either...

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
The strangest thing is is that the native tiles are always black... No mater what... The imported app tiles (Facebook, Paypal etc...) are their usual colors... I have re-booted both hard and soft styles for various other reasons.... No dice.
On a side note, may or may not be related, but I also cannot get my photos to show on the lock screen either...

You are in "high contrast" mode. Go into "ease of access" in settings and turn it off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss