Had to turn off sunlight readability because of blown out blacks.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The phone seems to go into sunlight mode when it doesn't need to and get much brighter than it needs to be. I couldn't take the blown out blacks and distortion anymore.

Anyway, I'm in Florida and the screen is still easily readable in the mid day, full Sun.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps mine is defective but in all seriousness does anyone else have the issue?

With sunlight mode active any black or dark color becomes grey, washed out and has a bit of white blooming around edges of dark lines.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps mine is defective but in all seriousness does anyone else have the issue?

With sunlight mode active any black or dark color becomes grey, washed out and has a bit of white blooming around edges of dark lines.

I don't mind. I notice it most on the keyboard. But for me it is have the feature on and be able to see everything, or turn it off and have constantly angle and shade my phone to see.

zenkinz

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have the same problem as well, it looks like its overly sensitive to light that under normal lighting (not under direct sun) the high contrast is activated

Sent from my Nokia 1520 using Tapatalk

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have the same problem as well, it looks like its overly sensitive to light that under normal lighting (not under direct sun) the high contrast is activated

Sent from my Nokia 1520 using Tapatalk

Yes, but I also found that full sunlight doesn't wash this screen out either. I don't think the sunlight readability is really needed at all on this model. I've been much happier since turning it off. I did need it on need it on my 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss